FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-04 1:39 pm   Permalink

Nice!
Are you using a Dremel on those?
Ok, here are the pictures finally.
First some progress shots. I think I would have chosen a different stain color if I had it to do over again, or not used stain at all.

With the stain it got really dark and I lost some of my contrasts and cool stuff in the wood. But here it is finished.

The pictures actually don't make it look as dark for some reason. But there you go.

So while the iron was hot I ran down to the beach and picked up a new log

It's big. Same driftwood. About 5 and a half feet long and 8 inches in diameter. I'm a little nervous about some of the surface cracks in it, but I'll do something with it.

While we were at the beach my assistant log hunter decided she wanted to carve too, so my youngest found one to carve as well.

And then the intensive design work began with the neighbor girl

So here we go. Watch your fingers!

I know which project I'll be working on first.
Thanks for looking!

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-21 08:53 am   Permalink

Great to start'em out young, Careful though, carving like that on the legs will end up with a chisel embedded in that leg for sure!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-21 08:53 am   Permalink

Great to start'em out young, Careful though, carving like that on the legs will end up with a chisel embedded in that leg for sure!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-23 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-21 08:53, Benzart wrote:

Yes well, we held it only long enough for the one photo op then I couldn't stand it any longer and went to helping. It hasn't progressed much since school is in full swing though.

My big log is progressing just as slowly.

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-23 10:48 am   Permalink

Double post

[ This Message was edited by: TravnerRavenweird 2013-09-24 09:11 ]

mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-23 5:30 pm   Permalink

here are a few of my latest WIP
lil Mo
Warrior with a bone in his nose and a stylish mohawk.
2" tall X .5" wide
Bass wood, hand carved, painted with fingernail polish.
EMBRACE HIS FURY!

"Wave"
A beach scene wrapped horizontally around a hollow cylinder.
2.25" wide X 1.25" round
Inner diameter .25"
Bass wood. Hand carved and painted with fingernail polish and then stained. It's a new idea for a "toggle" pendant that loosely floats over the lashing and can roll freely. An appropriate lashing is being formulated! (Likely going to have beads)

"Fez"
Monkey in a fez.
1.75" tall X .75" wide
Red oak, hand carved, painted with (yes) fingernail polish.
The tassle is a "weave" I found on the road--- somebody must've been in a fight!
Need to make an appropriate lashing-- goes through the ears.

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-27 8:02 pm   Permalink

ben im back

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-27 8:03 pm   Permalink

ben im back

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 5:08 pm   Permalink

Way to bring on the tikis Peeps, Marcus welcome back, I haven't been here for awhile myself!

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-23 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-05 13:33, bb moondog wrote:

got a new MOAI on the way..

..hmm...these are AVAILABLE
should anyone want a menu-inspired tike..preferably in AZ

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Republic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-02 1:19 pm   Permalink

Aloha to my carving brothers an sisters. I've been concentrating on learning the tiki mug process since I've been on TC. Although I have yet to comment in this section I have been following every post. I started carving a few years ago and still do it when I get time. I just finished the Marguesan tiki a few days ago. I also transformed my backyard into my own utopian island. I'll post images in the backyard tiki bar section.

This is a shot of some of the tikis that I've carved on the deck and canopy that I also built in...Arizona. The backyard use to be desert landscaped. I didn't need to be reminded of how freakin hot it gets here so I decided to do something about that.

This is me with my first attempt at carving a full body tiki. It's about 5 feet.

This is is my rendition of that ol Rollin Stones poster with the waggin tongue, lol. Whassssuuuup! I like to notice and incorporate the bark in my tikis when ever possible.

This is my retro 60's look. It's about 3 feet tall and my favorite. I've started transforming the backyard in the background.

This is a group shot of some of the first tikis that I carved. My rendention of the Frankoma War God on the far right.

This is the 5ft Marquesan tiki that I finished a few days ago while I was waiting for some tiki mugs to be fired.

Mahalo for checkin it out, Pierre

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Republic 2014-03-02 13:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki Republic Send a personal message to Tiki Republic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-03 3:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-23 17:45, bb moondog wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-11-05 13:33, bb moondog wrote:

got a new MOAI on the way..

..hmm...these are AVAILABLE
should anyone want a menu-inspired tike..preferably in AZ

and these are getting CLOSER--if only it werent 110degrees ALREADY here

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-12 12:57 pm   Permalink

Nice to see this page still generating new tikis, Keep'Em Coming guys!

Fastbackadam

Posted: 2014-07-17 10:33 pm   Permalink

To be honest I haven't really been sure where to post pics of my carvings.. In this thread? Start a new one? Somewhere else? Always feeling unsure about forums...
Fastbackadam even posting this reply I'm unsure because it says at the bottom it will be emailed to subscribers....

View Profile of Fastbackadam Send a personal message to Fastbackadam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-18 07:17 am   Permalink

For what it's worth, my first post was on this thread. You can always start your own later.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation