FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Maikai Gents at Trader Vic's S.F. November 11
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Maikai Gents at Trader Vic's S.F. November 11
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

This just in from Iuka Grogg:

Aloha Friends!

Please join us this Saturday, November 11 at San Francisco's venerable tiki temple, Trader Vic's. We'll be playing our signature Hawaiian Island sounds from 6:30-10:00PM. Come on out and enjoy a delectable dinner and some supreme tropical concoctions! This is the birthplace of the Maitai and we can't wait to toast you with a few! Okole Maluna!

Trader Vic's is located at:
555 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
415-775-6300

See you soon!

-Iuka Grogg for The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

p.s. Keep in mind that our CD, "The Wiki Wiki Grog Shop," makes for a fine holiday gift. It's available on our website:
www.mkgents.com Mahalo!

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 1:32 pm   Permalink

Hey Bay Area Ohana,
Who would like to join me for dinner and music at TV's to help support our local tiki musicians? Let's post here if you're interested and work out the details later in the week.
Mahalo,
Jen

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 2:10 pm   Permalink

Drat!!! TofuJoe & I will be outta town.

blech!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 12:32 pm   Permalink

Hey JenTiki, great idea! The band will certainly join you and the other TC Ohana when we're on break. If it seems there'll be a big group, be sure to make a reservation. Looking forward to seeing some happy tipplers on Saturday. Free song requests for all Tiki Centralites!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 12:48 pm   Permalink

Can we requests, even if we won't be able to be there?

WEIRDUNC: This one's going out to Haole'akamai, who sadly, couldn't be with us tonight...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 12:10 pm   Permalink

A sad day indeed!

It looks as though the Mojo Clan....Mrs. Mojo & the good Dr.TikiMojo will not likely make it!
Mrs. Mojo has a High School Reunion, (I won't say how many years!).
I would much rather be swaying to the cool Hawaiian sounds of the MK Gents but Nooooooooooooo! I got's to go as part my husbandly duties!

At least the Reunion is at a Brewery! I'll raise a cold, frosty one and try to imagine it were a yummy Rum Drink and I was listening to the Gents....hey I got it....I'll bring a copy of the "Wiki Wiki Grog Shop" with me and slip it into the DJ's music selections!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 3:12 pm   Permalink

I am reeeeeely going to try to be there!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-10 4:31 pm   Permalink

Wish I could make it but I have a ticket for the annual Budget Rock event in Oakland Sat night (and Sunday).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 5:53 pm   Permalink

Coco Loco and I are going to be there. And we will be bringing a special guest star, Mr. Smiley!!! He'll be in town for a couple of days. I shamefully haven't been to Trader Vic's in San Francisco for quite a while now, so this should be great - especially with the Mai Kai Gents performing!!! It should be a fab night! Hey Lars, have some Stinkers lined up!!!

Anyone from the Exotic Island of Alameda (or the East Bay in general) want to caravan over together?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 6:10 pm   Permalink

Man, I knew if I just kept worshiping ALL of my Tiki's that I would eventually find the one to get me outa things I really don't wanna do!

Turns out that we just found out the Mrs.Mojo's High School Reunion at a brewery was supposed to cost us $45 bucks EACH....and doesn't include ANYTHING...so we're gonna bail on the Saturday Reunion and go to the Sunday Picknick...so sad ...NOT!!

So it looks as if the Mojo's will be at Trader Vic's meeting up with the TC clan for Dinner then the WONDERFUL MAI KAI GENTS!!

Life is good!

See ya there!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 6:51 pm   Permalink

Woooohoooo! That's great news, Dr.! We'll see you guys there!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 12:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-10 17:53, Mai Tai wrote:

Anyone from the Exotic Island of Alameda (or the East Bay in general) want to caravan over together?

I'm going, but I'm not sure what I'm doing before or after, so I can't commit to a caravan. But I'll see you guys there! This should be a blast!

Cheers!
Jen

Edited to add: Sorry, not gonna make it. See my 11/11, 11:57am post.

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2006-11-11 11:59 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 01:19 am   Permalink

MaiKai Gents at Trader Vics, what an incredible night!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 10:56 am   Permalink

Did they dedicate Pineapple Princess to me?

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-11 10:56, Haole'akamai wrote:
Did they dedicate Pineapple Princess to me?

Well ... since it's still Saturday morning ... not yet.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation