FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 9:59 pm   Permalink

Howdy folks-
Just posting to let you all know that a certain sculpt of mine has gone missing from its rightful place in my display cabinet. If any sharp eyes come upon it, I would be grateful for a heads-up.

If someone should wish to return it, regardless of how they acquired it, no questions asked.

Thanks.
squid

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2007-04-16 09:53 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 11:43 pm   Permalink

wow... speechless, heads up. I had a production edition of the totem pole stolen right at Disneyland. It felt shity. But nothing compared. What can or might we do to help? I hope it suddenly just reappears.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 12:22 am   Permalink

That stinks - forgive my ignorance, but can I assume you're talking about the white sculpture on the right, not the brown mug on the left?

Hope it turns up.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

in my display cabinet.

When you say "rightful place, in my display cabinet" are you really saying from your home?

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-11-08 06:52 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 07:28 am   Permalink

This sounds like a job for 'Tiki Dick' Private Eye !!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 07:28, TikiLaLe wrote:
This sounds like a job for 'Tiki Dick' Private Eye !!!

I think we need Tom Lopaka from 'Hawaiian Eye', or Steve McGarrett from Five-O on the case.

Hope you find the missing item. That really stinks.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 08:25 am   Permalink

Yup, It's the white (actually light gray)sculpture on the right and it's gone from my house. No mugs missing .

I keep a pretty open home (well, up until now) and many folks have been over to check out the studio, get sculpting tips, just visit, whatever. Now I have to go all Homeland Security.

I'm just hoping that whoever nicked it will be stupid enough to show it off to a TCer or try to sell it on eBay.

So if you hear of its existance in someone's collection or see it for sale somewhere, I'd appreciate knowing so I can try to retrieve it. No nastiness, I'd just like to have it back (so my kids can sell it for $5 at a yard sale after I croak:)).

FYI: It's about 10% larger than the mug and made of a hard tooling wax (not sticky).

THANKS AGAIN!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 08:46 am   Permalink

what a bummer....you open your house and mind to people and this is how you are repayed. Some of the lessons you learn in life are bittersweet. Sorry my friend.

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:07 am   Permalink

Dude, this sucks completely!!! GROG sorry to hear about this.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:09 am   Permalink

WOW, I am speechless here. The loss of the sculpt is bad enough but the idea that someone who was welcomed in as a friend would treat you like this, WOW.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 08:46, smgleason47 wrote:
what a bummer....you open your house and mind to people and this is how you are repayed.

Thanks for the condolances everyone. Perhaps when I opened my mind they got scared and panicked!

Grog, you get the full body cavity search next time you come over for lunch.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:19 am   Permalink

ouch, so its not a mug after all. No one can really display it or look at it in the open. Not really worth having. But hopefully we don't start seeing fakes of this mug sold over in Canada or China.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

Grog, you get the full body cavity search next time you come over for lunch.

That only makes GROG want to come by all the more.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 09:19, teaKEY wrote:
But hopefully we don't start seeing fakes of this mug sold over in Canada or China.

Doubt it. Would you go up against Disney, Shag AND Tiki Farm? Plus we got TC Five-0!

RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 08:25, squid wrote:
I keep a pretty open home (well, up until now) and many folks have been over to check out the studio, get sculpting tips, just visit, whatever. Now I have to go all Homeland Security.

What a rotten thing to happen to such a great guy! I sent Squid an e-mail once, asking him what kind of wax he uses for his sculpts, and he replies with an invitation to come on over to check out the studio, and to walk me through the whole process. He didn't need to do that, he could've just sent a simple reply and let it go at that. But he did, and it was a real thrill and honor to take him up on his invite, and I did get a lot of great sculpting tips.

Squid, if I didn't say it enough, thanks again! And I hope you recover your missing sculpt!

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation