FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-08 6:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

What a rotten thing to happen to such a great guy! I sent Squid an e-mail once, asking him what kind of wax he uses for his sculpts, and he replies with an invitation to come on over to check out the studio, and to walk me through the whole process. He didn't need to do that, he could've just sent a simple reply and let it go at that. But he did, and it was a real thrill and honor to take him up on his invite, and I did get a lot of great sculpting tips.

So........... you've been to Squid's studio and seen all his stuff, have you...............?

(Grog raises eyebrow in suspicion)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. GROG wonder who else has been over to Squid's studio for sculpting tips.
( Kirby, just leave it by the door at night while everybody's asleep, and no questions will be asked)

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-11-08 6:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 14:49, pdrake wrote:
i saw this crazy guy standing on the corner in front of the liquer store selling some stature.

Ohhhhhhhhh............... THAT sculpt! Ummmmmmm..........GROG was just...... HOLDING it for....uhhhhhh........ KIRBY!!! Yeah, that's it. GROG was just holding it for Kirby while he was in the liquor store buying cigarettes!!!
Kirby told GROG he had just sculpted it himself, and GROG naively believe Kirby. Yeah that's it.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-11-08 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

But seriously, we've had mass quantities of people through the house as it's been worked on for the past year. Some plumber or electrician could have taken it. It was just in the china hutch in the kitchen and easily grabbed in a heartbeat. Why someone took it? Who knows. Karma will eventually prevail on this one.

GROG doubt that a plumber or electrician would've known to take THAT particulr object from so many other shiny objects they could've taken. GROG say let's make a list of all the TCers/sculpters who've been through the house recently, and let's start the cavity searches now. GROG volunteer to be first for cavity search to be eliminated as a suspect.

kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 7:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 19:03, GROG wrote:

GROG volunteer to be first for cavity search to be eliminated as a suspect.

Thanks for the visual,GROG, thanks a lot!

Now I need a

...hey, thanks!

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 06:04 am   Permalink

"GROG volunteer to be first for cavity search to be eliminated as a suspect."

That sent a shiver down my back that won't leave.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-04-15 9:45 pm   Permalink

Found it!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23303&forum=18&12

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 09:49 am   Permalink

The sculpt has been recovered! The ever-so absent minded one (that would be ME) had hastily packed it away in a frenzy of moving crap to do remodeling. I found it Friday while digging out stuff for the Tiki Farm parking lot shindig.
It's so great that everyone here would keep their eyes peeled and look out for me. Thanks. Case closed. Book me Dano.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 10:02 am   Permalink

good Squid did not see me put it back.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 10:24 am   Permalink

Squid has got some pretty good reef.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:23 am   Permalink

How can Dave sculpt when the right hand doesn't even know what the left hand is doing?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Book me Dano.

Hilarious!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-16 8:55 pm   Permalink

Reminds me of a time when one of the gals at work silently blamed everyone who had recently attended a party she gave of stealing her $5000 wedding ring that she had placed by the kitchen sink. Thank goodness I didn't go to that party...but it was tense at work for about 3 weeks, some friendships ruined. The climax came when she had to eat crow and admit she found her ring in the corner on the carpeting under their bar while she was vacuuming.

I applaud you for admitting to your memory loss....welcome to the Alzheimers club.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-17 12:37 am   Permalink

Hip-hip-her-ray no, Hip-hip-a- hula! Glad ya Have it!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 01:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-16 11:23, little lost tiki wrote:
How can Dave sculpt when the right hand doesn't even know what the left hand is doing?

/obvious

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 05:36 am   Permalink

Don't you see what the drugs are doing to you ????

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation