FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki If you are ever in Sacramento
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
If you are ever in Sacramento
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 6:33 pm   Permalink

Is Minnie's too far off the map for the Sacto Ride?

I bet there are lots of local charachters in the area who (since they don't live in the immediate bay area) have been able to afford to make thier houses into palaces of Tiki.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 9:53 pm   Permalink

While we've collected enough Tiki stuff to be a "Tiki Palace" unfortunately it's more like a Tiki Warehouse!
Someday though....someday!

If all you Sactoneons or whatever you call yer selves, ever do make it down to
Forbidden Island be sure an email or PM me and the Mrs. and I will meet up with you!

If you DO get some sort of Tiki venue going in Sacramento we, TIKI HUNTER would love to offer our wide array of fine Tiki products to you!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 07:18 am   Permalink

All ya all,

I like moondog's idea for an event, my only problem is squeezing in the time to do it in December. The holidays and year end closing at work are leaving me very little time to carve out a moment for much else.

Let's keep the date open, if there is a solid decision by enough to participate, I'll see if I can swing this.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but how are you)?

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 10:32 am   Permalink

Hey it's up to everyone else. Bo is ready. Swanberg's is ready. The limo is ready. Forbidden Island is OPEN and ready. My wife may have to go to Palm Springs for a conference, so she can't commit just yet...But I can.....I'm ready....but if it's too close to the Holidays, or doesn't fit your calendar, I Totally understand. I TRIED......Someday I will get to Forbidden Island and do it up right!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:11 am   Permalink

For any tiki tour that you guys schedule, you know I can make it to Minnie's any time. Just let me know.
Also, I would love to help organize a Tiki Show/Event up there for next spring or summer. At your service.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 2:29 pm   Permalink

hey guys~

sorry for jumping in a little late in the game here, but we would like to meet up with whoever whenever whereever.

80 bucks per person is too rich for our blood right now given our current situation. but we would love to meet up with the group, or if it heads down south we would be happy to host you guys at our humble abode.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 4:36 pm   Permalink

Jungle Trader and tikicleen and everyone else who has posted to this thread,

Ya all rock...and ya all way too cool. We need to put central and northern CA on the Tiki Map...You folks down south of us have a couple up on us with Minnie's and the Tiki Bar and for that I am soooo jealous!

Giantalope, many thanks for what you are doing, you are one rad cat.

moondog, this has gotta happen, limo or no.

My friends need someone to play with!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 4:29 pm   Permalink

OMG...you are messing with my mind here. I have always wanted to own some nice little tropical bar that plays Polynesian music and serves fabulous umbrella drinks. I can't believe there are so many people in the Sac area that are into this culture. I have collected cocktail recipe books and bar menus for a long time, so maybe finding this forum will help me make my dream come true in the near future. Hmmmmm...thinking about a business loan right now. :0

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 6:19 pm   Permalink

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

Pussycat Galore: MEOW and I do mean MEOW!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 8:55 pm   Permalink

Nice Tiki Gawds Psycho....and they vogue so well.

Are their smilies on this board?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Since I'm not sure which thread is leading to the party now I'll just have to post on BOTH!

Mrs.Mojo and myself would like very much to attend!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 7:05 pm   Permalink

Good idea to read both. Swanzberg just got in some Ren Spooner shirts with tikis on them. Even one that had tikis and Mickey Mouse. If you decide to go to Minnies in Modesto they told us to call ahead because one day the open at 4pm and the next day they may change it to 5pm. They sell a wonderful mug in several colors for $40 each but were down to only the brown one last week.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 7:58 pm   Permalink

Sale this weekend?

Sacramentens, when Dan started collecting we couldn't tell a tiki from a totem pole, we couldn't tell Hawaiian from African. Same goes for tikis new versus old, we couldn't tell back then. Well we have reached the point where we have to clear out everything that isn't what he wants any more. So he has removed all the stuff we have been calling exotica. At some point or another each item was something that he really liked looking at so it's not junk.

Anyway should we have a sale at super low prices? Would any of you be interested? We could even do it this weekend 11/25 - a garage sale for Tiki Central people only. We live in Elk Grove 14 miles south of Sacramento.

Send me a personal message if you would like to come here this weekend and I'll tell you the way to get here. Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-25 12:06 am   Permalink

Looks like Dr. TikiMoJo and tigerlily and coming so it's a go for Saturday. If you all want to come send me a message for the address and phone number. Wendy

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 6:13 pm   Permalink

Look what happens when I spend "quality time" with my family! I go and miss a local get together from some fine fellow TC members and collectors. I have no one to blame but me!

Kudos to danlovestikis for putting this together on such short notice. I enjoyed the snaps and stories, wish I was there.

Another item of note: Dan, congratulations on the pricing of your items to fellow collectors...true sportmanship and a nod to compassion. You a truly one of the "good guys" from what I could read in the postings...I would rather give a
fellow collector a break and know one of my treasures are going to a good home with someone who appreciates the item than sell to someone looking to make a quick buck on something they care little, if anything about.

Hope to see you all on the 10th,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am, but little do they know)!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation