FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki If you are ever in Sacramento
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
If you are ever in Sacramento
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 7:44 pm   Permalink

We would so love to be there but Dan and I are both working on the 10th and mine is a 24 hour day. I hope you will all post photos of what you buy from Bo so we can cry in our poi.

We thought there were only a couple of tiki people in Sacramento, we were so wrong and get togethers should be more frequent.

We had so much fun I told Dan he should try to part with some of his tikis each year. Anyone who would like to visit for the fun of going cross eyed looking at tikis can send me a personal note.

Once again, thank you all for coming, keep in touch, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mahalo Myers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-28 9:49 pm   Permalink

Anything coming up soon? Sorry I missed the sale in Sac. Anyone around Lodi area?

View Profile of Mahalo Myers Send a personal message to Mahalo Myers  Goto the website of Mahalo Myers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 3:13 pm   Permalink

mahalo myers, haven't heard from anyone in Lodi, butt, there's a few of us in Stockton, a couple in Ripon, and me, in Turdlock.
Welcome to TC.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 4:17 pm   Permalink

We are in Elk Grove, 20 minutes north of Lodhi, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 11:58 am   Permalink

Since we have two boards discussing basically the same topic, I am going to re-post my message here.

The only other question I think hasn't been answered was from Dr TikiMojo regarding being able to set up somewhere to sell. moondog, is this an option at Bo's?

Here's my earlier post from Tiki Events-California:

"Is it too early to take a roll call for next Sundays' event at Bo's and onward?

I will be there with two other people, my buddy (from Reno) and my designated driver (my wife Ami).

My buddy has never been to Bo's, so I would like for him to have a look around. I have been, but if Bo is selling some of his vintage items, I would like a chance to purchase some of them, however, if the number exceeds what Bo requested, I can sit out and wait until another time so others have the chance to look around.

moondog, is this still a go for next Sunday to meet at Bo's at 1:00"?

See all ya all,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but what are you)?

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2006-12-04 07:17 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitim

Posted: 2007-01-03 9:58 pm   Permalink

Greetings from Sactown!
Just a few pics of my Polynesian Pop Pad (not an Eichler, but a Streng). Looking for a cool tiki fountain for my atrium. Hit me up if you know of one for sale. Thanks. Tim

View Profile of tikitim Send a personal message to tikitim  Email tikitim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-03 10:07 pm   Permalink

Very delightfully retro....love the furniture and artwork.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 07:16 am   Permalink

Dig!
Welcome to TC.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 10:34 am   Permalink

That looks like right out of a movie set or magazine cover. Good taste and welcome!

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 2:17 pm   Permalink

Tiki Tim,

Thanks for the snaps and congrats on your pad. How old is your home? The motif seems to fit very well with the design. Always glad to see another "local" strutin' their stuff. Welcome aboard!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and always am)

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 4:50 pm   Permalink

so did anyone take any photos of bo's stuff? lemme know thanks

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 4:55 pm   Permalink

For pictures of Bo's

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21867&forum=17&66

PTD

moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 07:19 am   Permalink

wow...what a very cool vibe...and done so tastefully!!!

Sacramento very well represented.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 07:21 am   Permalink

We love the way you have decorated your home. Come for a visit when you have the chance, Wendy and Dan

praguelodyte

Posted: 2007-02-10 12:10 am   Permalink

Hello to all the tiki gods/goddesses in the Central Valley!
I'm originally from Sacramento and relocated to Prague, Czech Republic about 7 years ago. There I got REALLY into tiki when a friend of mine who had a tiki bar in his basement invited me into the home tropical paradise. It blew my mind!

Even moreso when he and his business partner opened the first tiki bar in the Czech Republic (that we know of) called TAKY TIKI in Prague. You can see their bar on
www.myspace.com/takytiki. It's a very groovy place and I'm extremely addicted to tiki now.

I've just returned to Sacramento a few days ago to visit family and friends. I am in the area only for a few weeks, and if I may so bold/presumptuous to ask a question of my newfound cybertiki friends:

Does anyone have any low priced and cool tiki stuff for our little Prague bar? We just can't get tiki stuff in Czech and I'm here sort of collecting odds and ends for the bar. We don't have much of a budget, don't need anything super vintage or collectible, just some tiki/tropical things to help our little low budget Prague bar look just a bit cooler. It could be anything like mugs, prints, bamboo/wood stuff, etc. Nothing vintage or expensive, just something reproduction or knock off would do. As you can see by the myspace site, the bar is small and cool but needs a bit more tikiness to really beat those bongos!

Thanks for reading and please let me know where I can go for the above via msg or reply to this. Wouldn't it be cool to know that some old pieces in your collection you don't like as much would be proudly displayed in a former Eastern Bloc country?
I thought so!

View Profile of praguelodyte Send a personal message to praguelodyte  Goto the website of praguelodyte     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation