FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki If you are ever in Sacramento
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
If you are ever in Sacramento
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 02:34 am   Permalink

Welcome, praguelodyte, and welcome to Tiki Central! Thanks for the info on your friend's tiki bar in Prague -- it's always a thrill to hear of tiki bars springing up in far-flung locales. I've added their bar to Critiki: Taky Tiki, Praha. If you can, please add your friend's bar in our Locating Tiki section, and tell us all about it!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
praguelodyte

Posted: 2007-02-10 5:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your warm welcome, humu!

Also tx for adding Taky Tiki to Critiki. I have a bit of a problem uploading images to that site. It's not technical, just can't answer 'yes' to all the upload questions! .

As a photographer I have 100s of images of Taky Tiki that I shot myself. Most of them have people in them, usually some recognizable. How do we get by this one? A waiver/release? I always get people in my shots, cuz, yknow, an empty bar is not very fun

Most of the images I shot are on dvd back in Prague, so let me know in the next few weeks if you have time, how + what I can upload. I'll be happy to upload once I'm back in Prague.

Thanks again...................... praguelodyte (Taky Tiki tropical barfly)

View Profile of praguelodyte Send a personal message to praguelodyte  Goto the website of praguelodyte     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:30 am   Permalink

Hey Tikitim, I saw your request for a tiki fountain. We just purchased from costco.com a tiki waterfall pond kit, complete with 1800 pounds of real stones, and everything you need to make a waterfall. I know a waterfall is not a fountain and I'm not sure what size you are looking for, but check it out online. You can only purchase it online, it was $799 plus tax, no delivery or shipping charges! It was delivered on a palet! Can't wait to get started on it this spring.

Hey to Gigantalope & Tikicleen! We'll have you over soon. (I figured I needed my own identity from our Tiki twosome...)

We live in Rancho Cordova (Sac) and love seeing all the tiki interest. Tikitim, I love your decorating. We have a tiki bar in a spare bedroom, it's great, hubby collects mugs, I'll post photos later. Tiki is taking over the house, it's great!! I'm getting some great ideas here, so thanks!

I do miss the Hukilau, it seems right when they were really getting it right, it dissapeared, very dissapointing.

I did check out Delios in Rocklin (or Roseville), very non descript. The food was good, it's not got much atmosphere, but that's when it was first opened.

Yes, we definately need more tiki in Sacramento, I encourage anyone to open a place here, and see the tikiphiles come out of the woodwork. Please!!!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-10 00:10, praguelodyte wrote:
Even moreso when he and his business partner opened the first tiki bar in the Czech Republic (that we know of) called TAKY TIKI in Prague. You can see their bar on http://www.myspace.com/takytiki. It's a very groovy place and I'm extremely addicted to tiki now....
...Does anyone have any low priced and cool tiki stuff for our little Prague bar? We just can't get tiki stuff in Czech and I'm here sort of collecting odds and ends for the bar. We don't have much of a budget, don't need anything super vintage or collectible, just some tiki/tropical things to help our little low budget Prague bar look just a bit cooler. It could be anything like mugs, prints, bamboo/wood stuff, etc. Nothing vintage or expensive, just something reproduction or knock off would do. As you can see by the myspace site, the bar is small and cool but needs a bit more tikiness to really beat those bongos

I think we should start a new thread here on TC to support Prague Tiki by directly sending Tiki care packages to the TAKY TIKI !
(I guess the ALOHA WAVE LOUNGE that used BOT photos for their menu was not really a Tiki Bar, as I suspected..)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
praguelodyte

Posted: 2007-02-15 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-15 20:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-10 00:10, praguelodyte wrote:
Even moreso when he and his business partner opened the first tiki bar in the Czech Republic (that we know of) called TAKY TIKI in Prague. You can see their bar on http://www.myspace.com/takytiki. It's a very groovy place and I'm extremely addicted to tiki now....
...Does anyone have any low priced and cool tiki stuff for our little Prague bar? We just can't get tiki stuff in Czech and I'm here sort of collecting odds and ends for the bar. We don't have much of a budget, don't need anything super vintage or collectible, just some tiki/tropical things to help our little low budget Prague bar look just a bit cooler. It could be anything like mugs, prints, bamboo/wood stuff, etc. Nothing vintage or expensive, just something reproduction or knock off would do. As you can see by the myspace site, the bar is small and cool but needs a bit more tikiness to really beat those bongos

I think we should start a new thread here on TC to support Prague Tiki by directly sending Tiki care packages to the TAKY TIKI !
(I guess the ALOHA WAVE LOUNGE that used BOT photos for their menu was not really a Tiki Bar, as I suspected..)

GROOOOOVY! I love the TIKI CARE PACKAGE idea! I feel like a TIKIVANGELIST all of a sudden...asking for donations to our little church of tiki in Prague!

View Profile of praguelodyte Send a personal message to praguelodyte  Goto the website of praguelodyte     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-18 8:53 pm   Permalink

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
Quote:

On 2006-11-23 16:29, VampiressRN wrote:
OMG...you are messing with MY MIND here! I have always wanted to own some nice little tropical bar that plays Polynesian music and serves fabulous umbrella drinks. I can't believe there are so many people in the Sac area that are into this culture. I have collected cocktail recipe books and bar menus for a long time, so maybe finding this forum will help me make my dream come true in the near future. Hmmmmm...thinking about a business loan right now. :0

Hey VampiressRN, you be messin' with my mind. I have been on and off working with a plan to start a "Polynesian Place," of my own, here in Sacramento. A few years ago, I was asked, by Lyon's Corporation, to do a proposal for the now closed Lyon's Restaurant on Watt and El Camino. Inside was a small room, that was closed to the public. It would have made a great tiki bar. I planned to bring back the Terasso floor, inside the main dining room. (There is carpet on it now). It was a beautiful aquamarine color. I heard Walmart might be moving in and using it as office/reception area. But who knows? Now that Lyon's is out of the picture, I want to pursue this plan.
...Liquidspaceman, over and out

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
our last frontier on the planet Earth.

View Profile of Liquidspaceman Send a personal message to Liquidspaceman  Email Liquidspaceman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-19 9:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-18 17:27, moondog426 wrote:
Hukilau.....I wish I had gotten over there before it changed. It is still same owner. He felt he wasn't getting enough business with that format. I know it had food but I don't think he ever used ''Tiki Bar'' in any of his ads. ''Tiki Drinks'' gets my attention better than ''Sunday Brunch''. He also owns Jack's urban eats and Paesano's pizza. Maybe we'll get another tiki bar soon.

I was looking for a phone number and came across this ad. I kept it for the address. I'm sorry I never made it there.

View Profile of Liquidspaceman Send a personal message to Liquidspaceman  Email Liquidspaceman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 6:13 pm   Permalink

I never made their either and I wish I had. The owner also owns Jack Urban Eats and Paesano's pizza. I bet if would have found Tiki Central we could have given him some business...Welcome aboard...We are in Carmichael. There are some great TC'ers in this part of the woods..I mean Bamboo!!!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-02-20 6:37 pm   Permalink

OMG...is that the building that is on the corner with the roof slanted just right and the rock on the outside? I can't believe you said that Spaceu....every time I drive by there I think....damn....that place would make a great tiki bar. It is all fenced off right now...I bet it gets bulldozed down. Check it out and let me know what the scoop is. Maybe some of us could float a business loan and pull it off.

VampTiki

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-02-20 18:40 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-21 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-20 18:37, VampiressRN wrote:
OMG...is that the building that is on the corner with the roof slanted just right and the rock on the outside? I can't believe you said that Spaceu....every time I drive by there I think....damn....that place would make a great tiki bar. It is all fenced off right now...I bet it gets bulldozed down. Check it out and let me know what the scoop is. Maybe some of us could float a business loan and pull it off.

VampTiki

Funny you should mention a business loan VampriressRN. I am actually working on that!
shhhh! don't tell anyone
Liquidspaceman, over and out

[ This Message was edited by: Liquidspaceman 2007-02-21 07:24 ]

VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-02-21 7:05 pm   Permalink

My lips are sealed....mums the word....I can see it now with tikis in the front with alternating colored spot lights and bamboo fountains with fog machines and tons of green fauna and palm trees. Keep me posted on this top-secret project.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-21 7:16 pm   Permalink

Vamp..., I am currently looking at 3 other properties in the Sacramento area.
There is much to consider. Location, price, parking, etc.

Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-22 4:35 pm   Permalink

Well, I got done with work early, so I went to Luau Gardens for lunch. (I needed a pseudo tiki fix). I then looked around town for possibilities for new tiki restaurants and hotels. I found some potential sites. I even found a Bowling Alley that could be turned into an Atomic Style bowling alley. It has a bar inside that would lend itself nicely to a tiki bar. That's all for now.

Liquidspaceman, over and out

[ This Message was edited by: Liquidspaceman 2007-02-22 16:36 ]

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 4:40 pm   Permalink

I hope that anyone even remotely close to Sacramento is not thinking about doing anything else on Saturday March 10th but attending Vamp's Tiki Party between 2:00 and 8:00 p.m. in Rocklin CA! (see CA events forum)!

See ya there!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I'm going to the party)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
praguelodyte

Posted: 2007-03-08 9:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-20 18:37, VampiressRN wrote:

VampTiki

Tis sad but true: tonight I walked by that corner Watt/El Camino site just down the road from where I grew up. It is 60% demolished: gaping holes in the roof, the back half nearly gone, and a hungry bulldozer parked next to it. By the end of the week it will be a blank corner. Those demolition crews work fast.

I really wish that place would've become a tiki joint. It was suitable in shape and surrounded by palm trees. And we need a tiki joint here in Sac. No, REALLY. San Francisco has just a buttload of tiki places...at least 8 or 9. Sacramento: BIG GOOSE EGG. Even MODESTO has Minnie's (VERY tikified).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation