FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 11:24 am   Permalink

After the Left Coast Oki Oki, people said they'd be up to doing some backyard group carving, so I'm thinking about having a little backyard carving day on Saturday, <delete old date> December 2nd, I live in Tierrasanta, about 3 miles east of the San Diego Rockler.

I can supply some food, and if people need wood, Bay Park Buzzy offered that I could get some logs from his pile, but it would be a lot of driving around.

My yard should be able to hold 10-12 carvers. Who's interested?

I'll want email address to send directions to, but please respond on this thread if you're interested.

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-11-15 14:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-12-07 09:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-12-29 22:41 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 1:21 pm   Permalink

Hey, free food and a day of group chopping? I'm there, Saturday is perfect. The new chisels should be here by then...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 10:13 pm   Permalink

We're up for it too. Sounds like fun. Check your PM's

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-11 5:59 pm   Permalink

Count me in! If Buzzy is donating palm logs, I can bring some over in my truck. I don't know Buzzy though, so we'll have to work it out somehow.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 6:42 pm   Permalink

Well, kukui nuts! I'll be in Pheonix and Sedona over turkey week.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:02 am   Permalink

Buzzy here, confirming my attendance to the event. I'll need log count(how many I need to bring), so if you need log, let me know about the size, etc. so I'll have time to go get them. Thanks
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:07 am   Permalink

Well, it sounds like there may be a few more people who could make it on Dec 2nd, would that date work for everyone? If not, we can go with a small one on the 25th, and plan for another soon.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:26 am   Permalink

I need a log....

I would like to participate....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:43 am   Permalink

Hey, Hodad Hank and NoNaMe! Can you make it on Dec. 2nd?

I'll come either or both days, and I need no log Buzzy, but thanks.

Hey, what is the best online source for Flexcut tools? Go direct to them or is there some secret underground retailer 'chiseling down' prices???

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-14 11:58 am   Permalink

I can make it on either date.

I read my last post again, and it looks like what I wrote might be confusing. I meant to write that I could help Buzzy bring the logs he has if there are going to be too many to bring in one shot. It looks like what I wrote could be misunderstood to mean that I would be bringing logs from my own pile (of which I don't have!)

All I have are small eucalypus scraps, if anyone wants one of those!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-14 11:58, Tikidav wrote:
I meant to write that I could help Buzzy bring the logs he has if there are going to be too many to bring in one shot.

I understood just fine...thanks for the offer! I wanted to get an idea of how many I need to bring, so i can ask for help if needed. I can usually fit about 4-6 logs per trip in my truck, and I know I'm going up there at least once in the next few days. So far i think I need only 2?

Either weekend, or both works for me as well...

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 3:32 pm   Permalink

I have a Log, I just need a Ride!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-14 3:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzzy-Just let me know if you will be needing help hauling. How big are the logs? Are they palm? If you are donating, please put me down for one. Thanks!

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 12:51 pm   Permalink

We're in too and please put us down for a log.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 12:54 pm   Permalink

are we shooting for dec 2nd??? that would work better for me......but that is just little old me

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation