FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 1:13 pm   Permalink

Just contacted NoNaMe and he says Dec. 2nd would work better. HodadHank, where are you bud?

Actually, you have a fair amount of people either date, what ya think Mieko?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 1:35 pm   Permalink

Well, it looks like everyone can make it on the 2nd, so let's go ahead and move it. I'm going to try to get my dad's truck and get some logs from Buzzy so he won't have to bring them all. It looks like we'll need at least 5 logs, and I wouldn't mind having extras at my house. Maybe we can have Buzzy bring his planer to strip them so we can see how cool it is.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 10:35 am   Permalink

Hey Cammo, you were asking about where to get flexcut tools, it looks like there are a few places that have discounts if you just search for flexcut, but I don't have experience with any of them.

I did get an email coupon from Rockler, $15 off $50 purchase for this weekend. I might be able to forward it if you didn't get it. It seems like their email list is worth signing up for.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 3:36 pm   Permalink

I bought all my flexcut stuff at
http://www.cybercarving.com/
Dennis, the owner, will order any individual tools for you also. Discounts run about 15-25% off list prices, and` there are occasional sales. I picked up the Sculptor's Mallet set for $94, postage included, a couple months back. He also gives you a better deal when he becomes familiar with you.
Cammo, if you need one, I have a complete flexcut catalogue you could check out.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 8:21 pm   Permalink

I AM IN! I WILL NEED A LOG. If it gets dicey I can come/go up and get logs. I think I could get five three footers in the cherokee.

Or I could just pick up five for myself. :0

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 8:48 pm   Permalink

I'm in! PM'ing you, Mieko.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 12:48 am   Permalink

Cripes! I think I'll still have holiday squatters then. I've got to double check...

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 06:38 am   Permalink

HodadHankster - bring the Squatters! Maybe you can slip away and leave them at Mieko's!

Thanks for the Flexcut tips - I'm getting a Sculptors Set and a simple 1" flat chisel, my fave. Do ya think Flexcut is wondering why everyone in California is suddenly ordering Sculptor Sets???

I'll be bringing food, by the by, at least;

- Crab Camaroon Won Tons
- San Francisco 1961 Chinatown Egg Rolls
- Kahlua Pork, Ono Style

And HodadHank's favorite . . .

- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cheesecake

And I'm also making special Scorpion Bowls for the occasion, unfortunately they'll all say Cool Whip on the side.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 8:36 pm   Permalink

I just saw this post!!!! I've missed the last 2 carving get togethers. I'm blowing off two parties on the 2nd for this!

I have a log, but since I'm no expert, I wouldn't mind ordering one up from Buzzy, just in case mine is not up to par.

I'm so in, I'm already there!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hey folks,

I need to off-load some AAC blocks, so I'll be bringing several to pass around.

I'll also be bringing some island style macaroni-potato salad, hemp beer, and of course my APE CD. Way to start the holidays!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 10:21 pm   Permalink

Um, hemp beer? HEMP BEER? Where has that been all my life?

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 06:57 am   Permalink

I thought Aaron "First in the Phone Book" was kidding. He ain't.

Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-18 20:53, Aaron's Akua wrote:
I need to off-load some AAC blocks, so I'll be bringing several to pass around.

Cool deal, Aaron. I was reading your threads on AAC and would very much like to get my hands on a piece. Hopefully I've got a log from Buzzy with my name on it, but I wouldn't want to be a hog and run off with a hunk O' AAC too. (unless there's an extra)

Who sells it in the San Diego area? Maybe somewhere in your posts has the answer, but there are so many posts about it I was getting dizzy. Thanks.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 12:35 pm   Permalink

Don't worry Cammo, it'll get you no more buzzed than chewing on rope (while drinking beer).

Tikidav, I'll bring a bunch of blocks for everyone to take home. It's very messy carving AAC, and we won't want to polute Mieko's yard with all that AAC dust. On your question: You won't find AAC available west of Casa Grande, Arizona.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 2:57 pm   Permalink

10" Mallet tools from flexcut

Also:
We were discussing going and getting logs soon, possibly caravan style. They are in Vista, and we could meet off the 78 at the Sycamore exit, if that would be easier for everyone who wants logS(emphasis on plural), let's make a time and day.
we get to choose from
pile #1: approx 40 logs, 7-10 months of drying time

Pile #2: approx 290 logs, 1 month drying time

I'll sit back and let you guys sort it all out. Let me know when you all want to go.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation