Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Finished tiki
Finished tiki
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 09:13 am   Permalink

well here's the latest one , my 3rd palm trunk and I suppose it's done at this point . I want to seal it maybe . . . we'll see . Anyhow what do you think ? I'm pretty happy with it . All the info shared at the S.D. tiki carving seminar payed off I guess

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 11:59 am   Permalink

It's really nice, love the way you left the top and bottom natural! great job

amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 12:07 pm   Permalink

Looks great! Did you stain it or just the burning? I like the hands, and I like how the nose turned out. I have trouble with noses.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 12:37 pm   Permalink

I like it too. It looks good guarding the deck.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 1:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks , the nose is a little off if you look at it straight on , but hey I'm still trying to get the hands down , they look okay , but not " right " , I don't know . It was fun though , and I'm deffinatley getting the feel for it .

It isn't stained , but it sat out in the rain last night . . . so it got a little dark . I used a propane torch to darken the cuts in it and then sanded it a little to get it lighter on the highspots . just standard cave man shit here

I just need a good local place to get palm trunks now . My tree trimmer guy is AWOL and I don't have any good leads .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 2:27 pm   Permalink

M-Stobbe, that tiki is really very good. I Love how you have the hands. Nice work, looks like Something soaked in!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 3:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben . . . I try to talk less and listen more when people who know more than me are talking about things .

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 4:09 pm   Permalink

supair cooool! you are thee tiki designer out of 619er. i ll be cruizin over for a carve sesh! yeebra!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 4:15 pm   Permalink

Hey..that tiki looks awesome, I like the hands, different from others..maybe that could be your "style". Great job!!!

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-15 09:13, mike-stobbe wrote:
All the info shared at the S.D. tiki carving seminar payed off I guess

And you are a quick learner. Looks great.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation