Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Maikai Gents on National TV Nov. 18 & 19
Maikai Gents on National TV Nov. 18 & 19
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 08:46 am   Permalink

Aloha, Ohana. If you need a fix of Hapa Haole goodness and are near a TV set, tune us in! You'll see a surprise cameo by a couple central Tiki Centralites, too. Here are the details:

NBC'S IN WINE COUNTRY will be airing the show "Tiki Time in Wine Country" with a segment on the The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa. The show airs locally in San Francisco this Saturday, November 18 at 6:30 p.m. on NBC11 -- channel 11 or cable 3. There's an encore airing Monday morning at 12:30 a.m.

IN WINE COUNTRY airs in San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Washington DC, Miami, Philadelphia and Hartford, CT. so check your local listings.

Details on the show can be found here:
http://www.nbc11.com/inwinecountry/10327750/detail.html

IN WINE COUNTRY is also available "on demand" via the Comcast Digital Cable system in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The segment will be posted as a video clip on the show website, and you'll be able to view it as a podcast on iTunes. Please visit the website to find out how to view podcasts: www.inwinecountry.com

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 11:36 am   Permalink

Congrats!
I'll check my local listings, but I have a feeling it's not going to get showed here.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:04 pm   Permalink

Shall I tape it for you?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Kick! The show promises to be aired in San Diego on KNSD/NBC at 5:00PM. It'll most likely be on NBC stations in the different markets. The crew came and taped our rehearsal amongst the barrels (shown below) and then came back to record our White Barn Luau -clip can be seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qwIaaiO4bc
Who knows what'll make it to air and what ended up on the cutting room floor. It'll probably be a short segment, so don't blink! Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

*Edited to add image

[ This Message was edited by: weirduncletiki 2006-11-17 13:04 ]

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:23 pm   Permalink

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 3:39 pm   Permalink

Yea Baby!

I got my TiVo all set to record....wonder if we'll see Danny G and Dr.TikiMojo on that one?

Am I famous yet?

Congrats guys! Hope it makes the gigs roll in so heavy ya hafta beat them back with a Hawaiian War Club!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-26 4:53 pm   Permalink

Los Angeles' KNBC Channel 4 is scheduled to show the "Tiki Time in Wine Country" episode of "In Wine Country" Saturday 2nd February at 4:00am PST. Set your timers!

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-26 10:37 pm   Permalink

Go MKG's....

Congratz ! national TV....awesome !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-27 12:11 pm   Permalink

Judd, that is sooo cool! Holding up the Tiki torch in Napa and so throughout the country! Congrats.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 5:10 pm   Permalink

Heya! Thanks, gang. I'm happy to know that they found us interesting enough to play it again. Here's some nifty news: This segment actually won an Emmy for editing! Not too shabby. Anyhooo... I've put the clip up on our new myspace page. The page is still a work in progress and because I'm such a tech-dope, it may be in progress for some time. There are some photos and couple video clips. All of our current show info will always be available there, too. Search out maikaigents and have a look. I wish that I was skilled enough to maintain and update a proper website, but these strummin' fingers ain't programmed for programming. Oh, well. Enjoy the myspace page.

-Weird Unc

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 06:16 am   Permalink

My DVR happened to pick up the show just the other day and we watched it last night. They really did a great job with it! Most times the tiki culture is profiled on TV, they go for the over-the-top kitsch factor. But this was a classy affair, probably due to the Napa Valley/wine angle, but whatever. It was refreshing to see one of our own taken seriously.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation