FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts *Shake Yer Booty!* A tiny hula dancer
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
*Shake Yer Booty!* A tiny hula dancer
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-17 10:05 pm   Permalink

This is an itty bitty hula dancer figure I started over a year ago. I put her down one day and never picked her back up. I thought that maybe if I posted some pictures and got some response that I would actually get my lazy self to finish up the poor little girl.

She's about 3 inches tall.

I sculpted a wax-like clay over a wire armature. I used a picture of a Tahitian dancer as reference.

Any comments are welcome. Bring it! Thanks.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 10:14 pm   Permalink

amazing detail. what's she made of?

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 03:59 am   Permalink

Dude get in and finish it! Yes it shows potential, but keep working on it!

hahaha

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2006-11-18 04:00 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-18 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Quote:

On 2006-11-17 22:14, kingstiedye wrote:
amazing detail. what's she made of?

I sculpted her using some clay that a friend got for me while in China. I don't know what it's called, and I'll probably never get any more of it!

It's really waxy and is great for small details. Anyone ever seen this stuff before?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 12:39 pm   Permalink

Dav-
This is intense! I love teeny tiny sculpts... Not to do them, but to see them. Rock on!!! Keep us sculpulators informed if you find out about the Chinese Clay of Mystery.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 2:39 pm   Permalink

so sexy! and so small - DUDE!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-18 2:51 pm   Permalink

That's not the first time GROG's heard that. Oh, wait a minute................

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 9:12 pm   Permalink

She's got amazing animation and character. What's to finish?

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 2:54 pm   Permalink

She looks alive! LOVE it.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 3:33 pm   Permalink

She looks great! What is the next step? Do you use it to make some kind of mold?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 7:28 pm   Permalink

You definitely need to finish her up. She is Amazingly beautiful, full of movement and the detail is top drawer. Finish her,finish her finish her

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-19 8:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for your kind words. Glad you like my little Gal-Pal. I spent some time this weekend working on her. I didn't like the skirt much so I changed some stuff on it.

Yes, the next step after sculpting is completed is to make a silicone mold. Then I'll cast a resin piece. If I still think she needs more work, I'll touch up the resin by sanding, carving, or adding to it with epoxy putty. Then make a new mold and hopefully she'll be perfect!

I'll post more shots after the mold is done!!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-19 10:57 pm   Permalink

GROG had to steal this link off of Squid's thread. Check out Tikidav's other stuff:

http://members.aol.com/kelea98/dave/

GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 12:10 pm   Permalink

Well done Tikidav. I still cant get over the detail, in the face especially. Insanely clever.

Other than preping for casting, is she finished? Looks perfect!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 12:17 pm   Permalink

Whoah. Check out the link!

The tiki! The Monsters! The blades! The Jimi! etc...

Amazing skills Tdav! T3

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation