FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts huhulala now with pink!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
huhulala now with pink!!!
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 11:13 pm   Permalink

see the difference???

"HuHuLaLa"
gouache on paper
10X6.5"
NFS

[ This Message was edited by: kooche 2006-11-21 09:52 ]

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 11:47 pm   Permalink

absolutly brilliant..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-18 02:55 am   Permalink

LoVe iT!... the name HiPhiPaHuLA would have worked well too ....

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 07:24 am   Permalink

thanks for the kind words - if only you couls see the pinks like they exist in person - oh well!

the name is meant to sound like a laugh

giclee prints of this image forthcoming for the holidays

10 augmented retouched artist proofs
50 giclees

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-18 07:53 am   Permalink

Beautiful!!! that eye is mesmerizing. Love the sea lion too. I think what I like best about your paintings, aside from the crazy color combinations that really play well of each other, are the expressions of your characters - both forground and background. Dig it!!!

are you showing your new stuff anywhere?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 2:53 pm   Permalink

i am in a show in Feb in LA - Tenacious D tribute show - can't wait
a massive inaugural group show in Denver Colorado at the Limited Addiction Gallery in Feb
i have a one man show, "California" in LA at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Sept 07 - in the middle of it now and loving it!
i just booked another one man show in SF at the Shooting Gallery - theme being musician portrature - going to ROCK!

SO busy and SO happy about it!!!

glad you dig my stuff - i guess the incidental characters are important to me because i am a X character/environment designer - they can really make a scene sing

MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 6:01 pm   Permalink

That's rad! Nice sketch of Rob too.

This is my first post in many months... Does that make you feel special?

There's some surf down here......

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 7:50 pm   Permalink

i know there are waves man - i heard it today - some size up to 4 foot sets - i also heard from my pops who's down in cabo that therre is a storm brewing off of mexico...could mean something significant is coming our way!!! i hope so!

ok man - soon!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 8:30 pm   Permalink

Depending how you look at it, you could say that when you look into her eye, you can see right throught her head. She's got some hips for baby making and shaking.

Miles, when are you ever going to make art that I don't like?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-18 9:09 pm   Permalink

kooche, you're awesome!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 07:59 am   Permalink

thanks! it's so nice to hear on a morning when i'm waking up feeling like total cow patty - sore throat - runny nose - aches - whatever crud my little girl has had for the last few days i fanally got - DAMN IT!!!

the idea behind the hole in her eye was that it either is a reflection of the sun in the sky or that she IS the sun - glad you like the visual! i'll post the rough drawing later (at the risk of making you think that this painting could have been more than it turned out to be) - i think the sun works better as a line drawing - you'll see

thanks again TC!

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 07:26 am   Permalink

MIle, the painting is great. I wish I could harness a tenth of your talent and motivation. Of couse it's monday so I wish I could find any motivation.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-20 10:53 am   Permalink

As usual, you floor me.

Dig it all, especially the sea lion, reminds me of the old marineland of the pacific when I grew up in PV.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 11:33 am   Permalink

thanks again my brother!

NATURE FRIGGIN RULES!

see you in 6 miles of beautiful chaparral!!!

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 10:39 am   Permalink

who are these guys and where on earth ARE they???

the top image was taken the night of a tiki show/book signing at la luz - it was the night Otto's wife went into labor - i think for the second time in her life? it was also the night i secured positive grace at la luz - do i look happy?

i love Shag - i love that his paintings are unaffected by the cadre of jealous lowbrow drug ridden goth haters that are technically endowed but choose to paint barf and wonder why the public sees no forrest in their trees...i love his multiple narratives and the genius behind the simplicity in his themes and acting. it love that he is still having fun. thanks ever so much for the support and advice you and your family have offered me since 2001 - FUCK MARTY SHERMAN!

Sven - thanks for hipping me to M Covarrubias - thanks for letting me in and for the words of wisdom regarding so many colorful topics that have truly made my life easier to live - you rule

J Berry - see you in the produce aisle my friend! or where you are pictured above...time will tell!

i did my 6 mile run/walk through the hills in less than an hour this time - a first! so much ass to kick, so little time - sigh

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation