FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts huhulala now with pink!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
huhulala now with pink!!!
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 1:01 pm   Permalink

I do Love it! and pink rules I can dig pink! I will need a giclee ..... Miles, will there be sales for s/n giclee edition "Volcanic Sacrifice" ??
HiphiPaHuLA!!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 1:05 pm   Permalink

nope - no giclees for volcanic sacrifice - sorry - if prints don't result in the LOSS of invested funds i may do one every four months but for now i'm going to keep the print run numbers small and the format small to keep the price in range of more people - not many can afford a $250 print...neither can i!

thanks for the kind words - did youw want me to reserve a print of this image for you?

aloha!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 6:32 pm   Permalink

keep the price in range of more people . That's cool. Some of Mark Ryden prints cost more than good original art.

Hey, I was reading something, I believe it was Tikimagazine and it mentioned a book. Any word on that? I know that you got many great painting ahead of you but if Shag can do overkill on books, its time you get one. It seems like your last two paintings were some of the best with regards to size and color.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 7:39 pm   Permalink

with regard to the publication of a book - it's something in the near future for sure. i have a one man show in 07 at La Luz, a gallery synonymous with publication - another one man show in 08 @ the Shooting Gallery which is another gallery that is also a publisher - i have tiki paintings hanging in homes all over the world and THAT makes it hard to have a book becoming a reality...had i the foresight i'd have shot every painting as i finished them but as it is there are very few photographed for print...all it takes is a slide but that means a decent photographer has to have shot it...over 75 tiki images in all, easily a book! it was my intention to have Tell Tale Tiki be published as a book - it seemed the gallery was more interested in publishing a pamphlet than an actual book - i want my paintings to be represented in print as best as possible and that means the reproduction has to be high end -if i do a book i want it to be a hardback with beautiful end-papers and great heavy bond, close ups, rough sketches - when i do prints, they have to be as good as they possibly can be and that's why i use Harvest Productions just like Ryden and Biskup and Shag - they pioneered the giclee print themselves

it's all about what i would want as a customer and that's why i don't skimp on production value - EVER - thus no book YET - very few prints - and this is also the reason i am pricing this print run so reasonably - i hope those of you that opt to pick up this print are as impressed with the quality as i am - Harvest is incredible and they never disappoint

thanks again for the interest and support!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 10:43 am   Permalink

Miles, I went to go to your website, and got the infamous "kooch-e-koo.com expired on 11/21/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion" Are you getting rid of the domain, or are you like me and forgot to renew it? If you are getting rid of it, do you have a new site? If not renew that thing before you have to spend a lot of $$ to get it back.

I made that mistake once, and it cost me a lot. There are far too many poachers out there to mess with this.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 11:41 am   Permalink

yeah thats strange. I was just on the site but it may have been on the 21st. The way the site is always set up, its so cool with all the moving things.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 2:41 pm   Permalink

thanks y'all

closed down a credit card (which is a good thing - paid off!!!) and now need to open another account to associate the doman with - DUH!

thanks again!

aloha

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 11:02 am   Permalink

kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 1:05 pm   Permalink

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 1:32 pm   Permalink

Drunk monkeys make me laugh. Nice stuff, the one before it was cool in a morbid sense, but still very cool. Was this last one inspired by the Golden Globes? Seems Like something you'd see at the after party.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 2:28 pm   Permalink

i didn't really think of it like that - though my wife went to the Universal Studios after party - she works there ... i more thought that a painting of a woman in need of a brasier, a drunk primate, and a chihuahua would spark some interest as they are all pretty important things in life

christ - i'm not so into this kind of thing but if it's there it's cool - i'm much more of a rump chump myself

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 10:08 am   Permalink

Hey kooche- This is a very cool one... but were is the pantiless crotch shot that goes along with these other elements?

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 2:45 pm   Permalink

where indeed sir... that's what i want to know! i couldn't find reference on "crotchless panties" on the internet so i had to make due with a standard PG rating

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 5:42 pm   Permalink

The painting is just right... I'm referring to all of the celebrities (Paris, Britney, Ashley Judd, etc.) in the news lately who like to reveal their lack of panties at award shows and in cars. Seems like a few of them like to carry Chihuahuas and other small animals too...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 7:22 pm   Permalink

This one could be Paris, same color hair, same type dog with the name Tinker(Bell).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation