FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My cool Witco Birthday gift!
My cool Witco Birthday gift!
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-03 8:51 pm   Permalink

Today is my Birthday and I got a Witco! Actually I got the Hawaiian Islands! Well I got the Hawaiian Islands by Witco. There are 6, I'm guessing the two small islands aren't there (Niihau & Kahoolawe) but the others are easily recognizable. They each have hangers but I plan on framing them all together. I am out of wall space so I'll have to get rid of something. I could also hang them geographically correct high on the wall. Hmmmm....What a cool gift-I'm stoked! Zazzzz (hopefully I'll get around to posting some pics soon)

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-03 9:03 pm   Permalink

Well Happy Birthday girlie, sounds like you got a great gift.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Talkie-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-03 9:05 pm   Permalink

hapy birthday cool gifts

View Profile of Talkie-Tiki Send a personal message to Talkie-Tiki  Email Talkie-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-03 9:47 pm   Permalink

Happy birthday, you lucky duck! That sounds very swank, can't wait to see pics.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-04 12:05 am   Permalink

another year of collecting!, happy b-day.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-04 04:32 am   Permalink

The funniest thing about them is... if they weren't all together it would look like a hunk of drift wood (they look typographically correct with the burnt grain and such). I'm sure many of these Witco islands got tossed in the trash or fire for being "just a hunk of kindling" Sven, any info???? Are you still planning on a Witco book?

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-04 08:26 am   Permalink

Hope you had a great day and I would love to see some pics of your gift...

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-04 08:42 am   Permalink

This is the year of the Witco book, yes! I will get it together!
But I do not recall any Hawaiian Islands in ANY of his catalogues...it would make sense though! Do they have a "when decor becomes art" sticker? Not ALL burn-grained swamp cedar sculpts are WITCO. I will ask him next time I talk to him.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-05 9:57 pm   Permalink

Congrats Laney,

Hope it is a Witco! Post a pic if you can. It sounds lovely.
Happy B-Day

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation