FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:14 am   Permalink

Here is the latest.
Sunday, Dec. 10th @ 1pm
We will meet at Bo's place 10 people max (per Bo)
11337 Trade Center Drive, suite 10 (off of Sunrise Blvd., just south of Folsom Blvd)
from Highway 50, take Sunrise exit and go south, then make left at Trade Center Drive)

Then we'll head to Swanberg's at 2316 J st. for a ''browse'' and tiki drink.

Then we'll head to Chinese rest. on Howe for bite to eat and Tiki drink(s)

if we have time we will go to Kingstiedye's tiki haven before Chinese Rest., if not enough time before reservation, we will go afterwards......

[ This Message was edited by: moondog426 2006-12-04 11:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: moondog426 2006-12-11 08:37 ]

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 1:51 pm   Permalink

moondog,

alohacurrent may have a point...maybe baby steps is the way to start this. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but from Thanksgiving through December is very tight time-wise.

A local get together would be a great way for everyone to meet and plan a larger activity which should possibly include some discussion for a Sacramento event in 2007.

I am definitely up for an outside event as well. I would have loved to make it down to the Minnie's event, but conflicting scheduling left me wishing. Forbidden Island is a great place and via Minnie's is even better. Don't count me out on this one!

Thanks for your efforts, I know I for one appreciate them!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but what are you)?

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 2:32 pm   Permalink

just to repeat, sorry for jumping in a little late in the game here.

we would be happy to host anyone if you find yourselves in the ripon area on this excursion. we would also like to meet up if the group decides on going to one main place in particular. we cant exactly afford the transportation though, but thanks for looking into it.

looking forward to hopefully meeting up.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 4:34 pm   Permalink

I think probably trying to get people to pony 90.00 each so close to Christmas is just a bad idea...Cleen, if we had you putting this together, it would have been much smoother....I think we'll do a visit to Bo's. A stop in at Swanberg's and then lunch at the chinese restaurant on Howe Ave. I think maybe I was trying to kill to many damm birds with one stone...I still can't wait to hit Forbidden Island and the dark marq bar is off the hook!!!!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 09:44 am   Permalink

hey moondog. We'll get there man-I know you got the FI jones going on just like I want to check out Minnie's. I like the designated driver idea, but the limo may be more than people want to spend right now going into the holidays. I'm stoked Loren at Swanberg's and Bo are willing to open up there businesses to us, make drinks etc like an aloha xmas party. Should be a good time and give us a good opportunity to plan the next bigger and badder road trip. If anyone wants to join us December 10 please do. I got the first round at Eastern Empire

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 12:14 pm   Permalink

i'm in for the sactown stops. i'd rather just drive myself though. also, i'm up for a quick tour of my house if anybody is interested.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 1:31 pm   Permalink

I'm interested, but that will just have to wait.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:36 pm   Permalink

At last a list with tiki collectors nearby. Bummer that Dan and I are working on that day. I'm on call all night as well. We have known Bo for 15 years back when we would go to his Burger City to show a vintage automobile. How did you all here about this, I only saw your messages. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-22 22:36, danlovestikis wrote:
At last a list with tiki collectors nearby. Bummer that Dan and I are working on that day. I'm on call all night as well. We have known Bo for 15 years back when we would go to his Burger City to show a vintage automobile. How did you all here about this, I only saw your messages. Wendy

I think the Clown Doctors chimed in.

Sorry. Bad Joke!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Gobble Gobble!!

More Mai Kai Egg Nog damn it!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 2:06 pm   Permalink

Being the new folks on the block (we just moved to Rancho Cordova) we'd love to join in! And we'd love to see kingstiedye's place if it works out...
mahalo

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 4:18 pm   Permalink

Newbie here, but glad to see a Sac faction. I am in Sun City Lincoln Hills, just been here about 1 1/2 years, so still getting to know my way around, but a native Californian so it isn't hard. Excuse my naivete, but are you Tiki bar hopping?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 6:14 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-11-22 22:36, danlovestikis wrote:

"How did you all hear about this, I only saw your messages. Wendy"

Hey danlovestikis,

Check the posting on Collecting Tiki titled "If you are ever in Sacramento"...this will bring you up to speed!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but do you know where your tiki's are)?

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-22 12:14, kingstiedye wrote:
i'm in for the sactown stops. i'd rather just drive myself though. also, i'm up for a quick tour of my house if anybody is interested.

Guys, if you want to see the FIRST TIKI MUSEUM take kingstiedye up on this offer! I've been there! I've also been to Mugoomba, (Holden's bar at Tiki Farm), and believe it or not he's actually got TIKI FARM BEAT! There is the WALL 'O MUNKTIKI, or the TIKI TONY COLLECTION or the only GECKO collection to rival my own!
And SO MUCH MORE!

Mrs.Mojo and I would both like to attend either way -meeting at stops in SacTown or Forbidden Island....we're in the middle of both and it's all good!

Should you want a vendor to supply Tiki Holiday shopping we, (TIKI HUNTER) just received a large shippment from Hawaii from GECKO and SacTown would have first crack at the goodies!

Let us know!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 6:48 pm   Permalink

This just gets better and better and we feel so left out. I hope Bo will do this again. It's true that Kingstiedye's collection is awe inspiring. We visited but I have to say it would take days to fully see every item. If you a are a Kings fan then you may never want to leave that collection rivals his tiki collection. His place would be a great stop.

Meanwhile one day we hope to meet up with all the Sacto. County tiki collectors, Wendy and Dan

ps thanks for the information on how this started

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 7:25 pm   Permalink

yeah, i hope a few of the ohana would like to stop by. it'll gimme a kick in the ass to clean up the mess! wendy and dan, i'm sorry to hear you can't make it.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation