FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 9:46 pm   Permalink

There are two threads for this trip. Check out the other one under Collecting tiki. Dr.TikiMojo and I are trying to work out something for tomorrow or Sunday. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-25 12:17 am   Permalink

Hey it's a go for people coming over tomorrow, if you want to come send me a pesonal note and I'll send the address and phone number to you, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-25 00:06, danlovestikis wrote:
Looks like Dr. TikiMoJo and tigerlily are coming so it's a go for Saturday. If you all want to come send me a message for the address and phone number. Wendy

Just in case the last post wasn't clear....it's TODAY PEOPLE!!
Did everyone on TC go away for the holiday? :?

For those that do come sounds like there will be lots of great stuff!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-25 6:34 pm   Permalink

Hope you all had a great time today. I'll be eager to read the encounter reports.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 02:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-25 18:34, VampiressRN wrote:
Hope you all had a great time today. I'll be eager to read the encounter reports.

OK, encounter reports....for such short notice and on a major holiday we had 10 people.
A COOL, FUN CROWD!
I won't name names, (because I'm terrible with names), because I don't know if anyone came and left before we arrived, (holiday traffic ), but pretty much everyone on this thread with only a few exceptions!

Dan's JUNGLE ROOM was.....well....what can I say...AMAZING!!
No wait...FREAKIN AMAZING!!
First there was the art and the mugs then the water fountains, vines and plants and thunder and rain and jungle noises all around you! It was Disney Land with out the inflated ticket price or long lines!

Dan's Tiki Garage Sale was a STEAL!
No, REALLY I mean it!
I don't know what goodies sold before we got there but what was more amazing was what was left.....Munktiki mugs for $5 each
Prices as low as .50 cents nothing over $18 Tops!

MAHALO PLENTY to Dan & Wendy for hosting!
Our thanks from Eva & Dave at TIKI HUNTER goes out to everyone who came out and said "Hi" and special thanks to all who made purchases..... thanks for the interest and support! Mahaloz! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 10:57 am   Permalink

i wish i coulda made it. but rain, snow, sleet, gloom of night or tiki sales can't keep this postman from his appointed rounds. also, the kings were playing last night, so no time to swing by after work.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 2:46 pm   Permalink

Here are some photos from Dan's first ever tiki sale. We had so much fun meeting everyone. Thank you all for coming,Wendy

moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 3:24 pm   Permalink

that is so awesome....great photos!...was Elk Grove ready for you guys. I wish I could have made it but I had ''my honey do'' list...which didnt include cutting all our phone wires, but I still managed to cut them anyway...I found out at dinner 1st Anniversary is not wood, paper or glass....but 80gb Ipod....after I cut phone wires I think Beth wanted Ipod back.....just call me Mr. Fixit....see some of you on the 10th.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-21 11:14, moondog426 wrote:
Looks we will keep this simple.
Sunday, Dec. 10th @ 1pm
We will meet at Bo's place 10 people max (per Bo)
Then we'll head to Swanberg's on J st. for a ''browse'' and tiki drink.
Then we'll head to Chinese rest. on Howe for bite to eat and Tiki drink(s)

addresses and more info to follow

Cool, I wasn't quite sure if the 10th was still a GO or this get together was instead of!

TIKI HUNTER will still try to make the 10th then also....if you have a place for us to vend moondog we have stuff to sell!

We're thinking of a TIKI BLOW OUT EVENT to unload our CARVED WOOD TIKI's before the New Year!

If it sounds like there would be interest I'll make it happen!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 6:01 pm   Permalink

Great pics Wendy....WOWZA ZOZZA....you sure have some nice STUFF!!! This board has inspired me, but I don't think my collecting will ever rival yours.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 6:08 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahalo to Wendy and Dan,

Yesterday added unexpected fun to my trip home for the holiday. I had no idea about Dan's Jungleroom which was freakin amazing, I need a good year to absorb it all and I loved the rest of your home including: the lamps, velvet paintings and color by number pantings which all did me in.

Thank you for your warm hospitality including the snacks and making my mom and I feel welcome. Here are my goods from the sale that Dan was practically giving away. I had to show them off.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 7:31 pm   Permalink

Hi Tigerlilly, I like your photo, I grew up with that same dining set in grey, brings back good memories. Thanks again for stopping by, we enjoyed the party so very much.

Poor Moondog, my dad did the same thing. While he was repairing the wires someone kept trying to call him and he would get shocked. We finally figured out that if we took the phone off the hook it wouldn't happen. I hope yours are fixed, Wendy

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 8:14 pm   Permalink

I think that table and chairs was in many a kitchen...my parents had the yellow set. I bought a gray reproduction at Sears several years ago....it makes me think of good times when I was a kid....like getting in trouble for laughing at my sister and spewing milk from my nose.

Those bowls look great Tigerlily....really complements the yellow.

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 07:08 am   Permalink

What the heck happened? I was on Tiki Central until around 11:00 a.m. on Friday and it was so quiet I figured everyone was busy with the holidays and such!

I log on this morning and a local event came and went without so much as a whisper.

All I can say is "miss a day, miss alot". Looks like those who made it had a good time. I wasn't able to find a darn tiki item at all this weekend, even braved the rain Sunday to go tiki hunting.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am but where was I)?

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 09:42 am   Permalink

I just caught this thread, sitting here with my coffee this morning.. I haven't checked out the posts in a while.... Sacramento Tiki Group? Count us in! After all, Sacramento is also home to Martiniland... World headquarters of Pariarts.com! Actually we don't get out that much, what with working as hard as we can towards early retirement... but we have been known to throw a mean tropical cocktail party. And my tropical lava rock pond with waterfalls in the back is still in progress. I'm hoping to have it done for this summer, (yeah yeah, I say that every year!). Maybe I can host a lava rock carving contest and we can all finish it up in one day! We've been promising ourselves to throw a big, proper Luau when we finally get it finished. This month we're a little crazy with Christmas orders. But for future events, we'd love to join you all and possibly host some part of it.

We live on the edge of Carmichael out here - near Madison and 80 in a 60's Streng. The tiki sign workshop is right here at our house.

Well, I'll keep watching these threads to see what develops!

Mahalo!
pariartspaul
http://www.pariarts.com

[ This Message was edited by: pariartspaul 2006-11-27 09:59 ]

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation