FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
The Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Art show and Mug launch Dec16, 2006
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 8:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Grog-
Who is this "Bamboo Ben" guy? Do you know his REAL name? Ever notice that you never see him in the same room at the same time as, say,...um.... Eleanor Roosevelt? HMMMM? Have you seen any of his stuff? How do we know he's not just buying crap at the Pier 1 outlet mall in Peducah, Kentucky and re-selling it?
And how do we know aliens aren't controlling his mind either, HUH? Betcha hadn't thought of that! Well I did! For all we know, he could be a Soviet spy or a member of the Illuminati or an NSA wiretapping expert. For God's sake man, do your research before booking these people!!!! The safety of the community is at stake!!!

Y'know I haven't printed the flyers yet and I can take his name off if you want.

Just askin'.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 10:10 pm   Permalink

Will there be cool art at this event?

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-03 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-03 22:10, MTKahuna wrote:

Nope. Just a bunch of tiki crap.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-12-03 11:22 pm   Permalink

Squidster, GROG had to research Bamboo Ben before GROG started the Bamboo Ben comic, so GROG knows way too much about Bamboo Ben's history, and believe GROG, it's not pretty. He does have an extreme hatred for paper wallets that knows no end, and he's got a bit of an ornery streak, but all in all it turns out he's a pretty stand up chap.

But if you look at the roster of artists, they're all a bit suspect.

Holden: Now just what exactly IS he holdin', and why? Hmmmmm.

Señor Calamar: Obviously a pseudonym for Dave C***n aka Squid. Anybody with this many aliases is trying to hide something. And why name yourself after a squid. We've all seen how dangerous they are from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the Kraken from pirates, or even the original Sealab 2020.

Tiki Diablo: Danny calls himself a tiki devil. We're talking Satan here! He's definitely evil.

Bosko: Mr. Mysterious!!!! He uses only one word for his name. He's obviously trying to hide something! He uses sharp tools as well as power tools. Hmmmmm.

Derek Yaniger: He only signs his name DEREK. One word name----hiding something. He lives in Georgia (definitely has LOTS to hide). He's sending prints, so that means he must have warrants in California, because he's too scared to come out and sale prints himself.

Crazy Al: Heck, he's got "CRAZY" in his name, does it need to be any more spelled out?!! The guy wears bones in his hair and beard for godsakes! GROG not EVEN going to ponder where they came from!!

Tiki Ice: Never met the man, but he must be a gangster rapper, he's got ICE in his name. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't served time for "putting a cap in somebody's ass" just as an initation into whatever gang he was in.

Susanne Mosher: Have you seen this girl? Her body has SIN written all over it! She serves that evil ALCOHOL to people making them loose control of themselves and doing all sorts of wild and bawdry stuff that they might not normally do had they been sober. And she paints coconut monkeys! Who paints coconut monkeys?!!! She is definitely the most suspicious one of all.

So you see, Squidster. Bamboo Ben taken in context with the rest of these "artists" is by far the least of GROG's worries.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-12-03 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-03 18:19, RevBambooBen wrote:

p.s. Might just pee in a jar and stick a tiki in it.

And, place it on a pedistal!

ART???

That's not what THIS is?

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 11:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Good question! Trust me, it will ALL look good after the second Tonga Punch. I would suggest drinking first, then viewing.

Heck, that's what the "regulars" there did at the last show. They came in to drink about 2PM and when they turned around from the bar (3 hours later), POOOOF!, cool art everywhere. They even said so! Well, at least that's what I think they said. It was kind of slurred and I didn't want to get too close but the look in their eyes said "COOL ART!".

Hope to see ya there!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-12-04 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

GROG thinks DEREK Yaniger's art is pretty cool. GROG get the prints today, and there will be
two of each of the following available for purchase:

Plus Tiki Ice's stuff is downright cold. Get it? Tki ICE/cold? Thank you. GROG be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2006-12-04 12:56 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 08:29 am   Permalink

GROG sez...
Quote:
But if you look at the roster of artists, they're all a bit suspect.

Well, has anyone looked at GROG's rap sheet? Hmmmmmmmm.....
Mono-syllabic....Brad (tikishark) has "vanished AFTER GROG's venomous posts to him....
One word name.....suspected of being E........ K........ who does Bamboo Ben character assassinations regularly for Tiki Magazine..... He drinks and cavorts with women of questionable virtue.....He gambles.....He's way behind on the Evolutionary Chain......He's named after an alcoholic drink imbibed by PIRATES!!!! Plus, Most innocent people have hair......He lives in a cave and has a Club......He's gonna eventually murder Kirby, it's just a matter of time.......He also uses the phrase "pretty stand up chap" (Could those words come from his Eliza Doolittle School of Identity Change Classes he's been attending? I could go on and on.....especially seeing as he still owes me some bucks and a ciggie for a paddle he "bought" last show! Who knows WHO he will hurt with that thing! Reports are that one girl's bottom has already been reduced to Ground Beef with that thing! I call for an Immediate Citizen's arrest of GROG to be carried out at the Tonga Hut on the 16th of December! And remember "Ernie" when you point a finger at someone, four point back at you!
Oh, and I know what Holden's Holdin! THE GOODS!!!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-12-04 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 08:29, little lost tiki wrote:
when you point a finger at someone, four point back at you!

GROG only pointing one finger-----at you LLT.

P.S. Love ya Kinny! Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 1:06 pm   Permalink

You're quite the pretty stand up chap.....i suppose!
Indubitably!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-12-04 1:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 13:06, little lost tiki wrote:

You're quite the pretty stand up chap.....i suppose!
Indubitably!

And just what is THAT supposed to mean!? Nothing wrong with knuckle-walking!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-03 18:19, RevBambooBen wrote:
Oh man!

That's disgusting!!!!!

Damn you Grog!

I'm surprised you didn't make me sitting on the toilet

on that 3rd picture!!

I'd show some of my artwork for the show

but I havn't done anything yet.

I have a question.

Is this an ART SHOW or a vending thing?

I hope it's an ART SHOW because I'm gonna make some ART for this SHOW.

( I'm gonna do it C'Al and Holden stlye and start my stuff 2 days before the show!!!! arrr!!

Might even bring some of my past ART or pre tiki ART ( or pre New Poly Pop explosion tiki ART) into the mix.

Or, mix my past ART with the tiki ART, I do now.

Or, something like that!

We'll see what happens 2 days before the show.

p.s. Might just pee in a jar and stick a tiki in it.

And, place it on a pedistal!

ART???

ARRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrT!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 2:47 pm   Permalink

What has this post become?
Will ya look at yourselves?
Here we are all squabbling and fussin
about Tiki and Art and each other
and we've forgotten the true meaning
of the season....
Why all the vicious posts
What we really should doing is
Citizen's Arrest GROG for the Holidays!
Get 'im! Dirty Knuckle Dragger!
Indubitably!

GROG

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:15 am   Permalink

Dirty thread derailing bastard.

To all those coming to the Tonga Hut on December 16. GROG will buy each person a drink who pisses on Ruzic's truck. There must be proof of the deed, either a photo (camera phone is fine) or a reliable witness, or even GROG witnessing.

GROG will even bring a stick and only charge twenty-five cents to poke Kirby if Kirby comes to the event. That's dicounted from the previous Tiki art show.

So, two more good reasons to come to the Tonga Hut December 16th.

GROG

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:19 am   Permalink

And did GROG mention Crazy "Owl" will be there? He's a real hoot.

He's always good for a laugh or two.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation