FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 7:54 pm   Permalink

Totally hare ball!

Babs rules!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 9:53 pm   Permalink

Make a PENDANT outta that buzzy! Puuu-leeeeease!

If you make bunnies, they will come.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 11:07 pm   Permalink

Top self.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 07:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for bouncing in fellers...You words inspire the next one.

Well, the carvings dried out well, and I put some clear coat on them. I think they turn out pretty good.

Lapatiki no. 1

Lapatiki no. 2

Lapatiki no. 3

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 07:27 am   Permalink

Damn, those all look so good, coated and posed!

Didn't you start carving the crayon months ago? I remember you showing me the beginning of it, or is this the second one?

Will there be a Lapatiki #4???

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 09:07 am   Permalink

Hey Wheeler,

Yeah, I did start that Lapatiki 3 a few months ago...I toasted that one on your concrete porch. This one is the second attempt. Carving on Crayons is not a new thing...check this cat's work out below. This dude has some major skills. Crayons are hard to carve...they tend to want to flake off in layers as you cut. I would say this one was my first and last one. I just wanted to play with it to see if I could do it.

More Lapatikis? Yup, that's most likely all I'm going to carve for some time. I really am having fun combining the rabbit image with Polinesian based elements as well as other symbols.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 2:06 pm   Permalink

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 2:40 pm   Permalink

Man, I love that lil guy! Disregard the anti-anthropomorphic camp and follow your crazy unique vision....and you do know the significance of the brown crayon in Tiki revival history don't you?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-01 3:09 pm   Permalink

"More Lapatikis? Yup, that's most likely all I'm going to carve for some time"

The first step is to admit you have a problem...My name is Babalu and I'm a lapaholic
They all look so awesome, the carved crayon just blows my little mind!
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 4:36 pm   Permalink

Great Job! they look great.
#3 thats a cryon right how the hell?
unreal how you do that?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 5:25 pm   Permalink

Man, they definitely have a nice touch to them. Nice work.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 10:09 am   Permalink

Oh! the lapatikis are great!! Congrats!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 1:06 pm   Permalink

Strangely enough, I came across this just after posting my last comment. Funny how things work out like that sometimes...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 1:28 pm   Permalink

A crayon?! Wow, friggin amazing!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 1:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, thanks everyone for stopping in to post something.

Paipo - I found her too. Another good reason not to get into Crayon carving I think...there is already far to many playing this gig. But seeing how that gal is carving really very loosely and still grabbing up US$200. a Crayon, it makes it tempting I like her bases, but I think I tend to like the other guy's (Phipot & Abidi) works a little better. I have no clue how they did that spiral cut in that one Crayon? It seems impossible to me. Machine?

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-07-02 14:01 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation