advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter
The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter
TheDude

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:39 pm   Permalink

I've been looking all over for this CD (The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter) and I can only find it for upwards of $70. I was wondering if maybe someone who owns it could copy it for me? I would be happy to copy some of my CDs for anyone who can help me out. I don't have much exotica but I probably have something everyone will like. If you can help me out send me a private message. Thank you.

View Profile of TheDude Send a personal message to TheDude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 11:50 pm   Permalink

I have it, although it is a little too spacey for me.
Send me a PM.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-06 10:07 am   Permalink

Of all my exotica....it is my favorite....and the cover art is a hoot. Les Baxter is just awesome!!! This one is a standard in my car.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sounds

Posted: 2007-01-09 01:54 am   Permalink

Exotic moods recently posted on my blog ........www.1soundsational.blogspot.com

View Profile of sounds Send a personal message to sounds      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 4:49 pm   Permalink

sounds thanks for the post.

is your blog spot got a FULL download of the album or just afew tracks?

I'm looking to grab a cheapy copy of the album too
thanks

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 5:23 pm   Permalink

I got my copy from the local library, which I've searched for every Duke Ellington, Sinatra, Deano, Exotica, etc. album they have. I even got to know the purchaser for the midtown branch, and she admits to not knowing what to order, so she's going through my wish list this March.

Our library system lets us take out 10 CDs at a time, nobody ever seems to take them out, and they are eminently MP3able.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sounds

Posted: 2007-01-13 12:36 am   Permalink

All tracks , both albums for download @ 256VBR

View Profile of sounds Send a personal message to sounds      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 4:35 pm   Permalink

got was confused with only track highlighted but got them all and the sound GREAT.

thanks

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-22 08:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-11 17:23, Cammo wrote:
I got my copy from the local library, which I've searched for every Duke Ellington, Sinatra, Deano, Exotica, etc. album they have. I even got to know the purchaser for the midtown branch, and she admits to not knowing what to order, so she's going through my wish list this March.

Our library system lets us take out 10 CDs at a time, nobody ever seems to take them out, and they are eminently MP3able.

Excellent tip, and I feel stupid I didn't think of it myself. Searched our Library's catalog online. They had it. Reserved online and they emailed me yesterday that it was ready for pickup at my local branch. Now on my iTunes.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-22 1:24 pm   Permalink

I love this set. I got really lucky a few years ago and got one on Ebay, in excellent condition for like $15 or $20. The person was selling it in a lot with about 5 other CD compilations, mostly showtunes. When the package came, the other CDs promptly went in the trash-- I mean does the world really need more Andrew Lloyd Weber? I was actually just listening to Les the other night in honor of his birthday......

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 8:23 pm   Permalink

Anybody still looking for this ? I'm not selling my box set but may have found another . Let me know soon .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 06:30 am   Permalink

$ 45 shipped from Japan .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aku76
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-18 09:29 am   Permalink

Why not just go to the official site--www.baxmusic.com? It has several other LB albums for download, also.

Aloha!

View Profile of aku76 Send a personal message to aku76  Email aku76     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation