[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Brilliant Cocktails video podcast
Brilliant Cocktails video podcast
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 08:38 am   Permalink

Greetings...
I stumbled onto this video podcast and figured I'd post it here for the mixology-minded amongst us. They've not done any tiki drinks yet, but I suppose the opportunity is there. Brilliant Cocktails is an interesting video podcast that teaches you how to mix up some of the classic old-time cocktails such as the Manhattan, Old-Fashioned (which should take 8-12 minutes to make? Wild!), the Cosmopolitan, etc.

Haven't learned much about the folks behind it yet, but it's entertaining and informative. You can check it out at
http://www.brilliantcocktails.com

One note now that I've seen the first five: the bartender seems to not be too big on the measuring, and he's Scottish so he's referring to centiliters instead of ounces. Despite the pouring by hand, he is *very* attentive to the garnish & presentation.

Cheers!
~Rupe

[ This Message was edited by: rupe33 2006-11-25 09:14 ]

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thinkingbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-25 5:10 pm   Permalink

The guy is referring to Centilitres because he is European, not because he is Scottish. He is a Scotsman working in Denmark after all!-)

Those Brilliant Cocktail Podcasts are amongst the best I have seen on the internet; we may end up with anyone with internet access being able to see how cocktail are really made.

Note to Self: Got to get a Digital Video Camera (please Santa)

Cheers!

George

View Profile of thinkingbartender Send a personal message to thinkingbartender  Email thinkingbartender Goto the website of thinkingbartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation