advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Brilliant Cocktails video podcast
Brilliant Cocktails video podcast
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 08:38 am   Permalink

I stumbled onto this video podcast and figured I'd post it here for the mixology-minded amongst us. They've not done any tiki drinks yet, but I suppose the opportunity is there. Brilliant Cocktails is an interesting video podcast that teaches you how to mix up some of the classic old-time cocktails such as the Manhattan, Old-Fashioned (which should take 8-12 minutes to make? Wild!), the Cosmopolitan, etc.

Haven't learned much about the folks behind it yet, but it's entertaining and informative. You can check it out at

One note now that I've seen the first five: the bartender seems to not be too big on the measuring, and he's Scottish so he's referring to centiliters instead of ounces. Despite the pouring by hand, he is *very* attentive to the garnish & presentation.

[ This Message was edited by: rupe33 2006-11-25 09:14 ]

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-25 5:10 pm   Permalink

The guy is referring to Centilitres because he is European, not because he is Scottish. He is a Scotsman working in Denmark after all!-)

Those Brilliant Cocktail Podcasts are amongst the best I have seen on the internet; we may end up with anyone with internet access being able to see how cocktail are really made.

Note to Self: Got to get a Digital Video Camera (please Santa)

View Profile of thinkingbartender Send a personal message to thinkingbartender  Email thinkingbartender Goto the website of thinkingbartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation