FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New carving.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New carving.
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-04 5:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha! I recruited my Dad to help with some of the dirty work!

Here's the finished product. I was super stoked about painting this mask because I made it a real hands on and organic experience by using only my fingertips covered in paint to lay down all the design and color. Let me know what you think!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-26 03:10, benella wrote:
Beautiful Tangaroa.
Show us more !

Benjamin.

Agree! Beautiful !

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2007-03-05 12:52 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 2:58 pm   Permalink

Dayum Reid-O! Beautiful! I love the design, the colors, and the fact that you can recruit!

Welcome to TC!

More?

Mahalo!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 5:30 pm   Permalink

That mask looks beautiful

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 7:53 pm   Permalink

Cool tattoo Parlour and the Tang is Very Very Nice I Love the sharp crisp detail and the finish is Outstanding!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-06 7:51 pm   Permalink

Nice work, Reid-O (and Papa Reid-O)! The clean lines and painted detail bring this piece up to a very high caliber. Excellent photograph of it too.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 11:30 pm   Permalink

Great work, love the use of colour.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-08 4:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Thank-you for all the positive feedback! it's really great to here it coming from you guys! Last weekend I started carving a small Moai water feature for a local garden center. I will try to get some pics of my progress up soon...Mahalo!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 09:23 am   Permalink

I can't believe I missed this thread!!! The mask turned out great! (..and I'm not jealous of that TV sign or anything) It was great to see you guys at the Waldorf the other night.
You've got to post more of your fine work on here!! Believe me everyone, he's only shown the tip of the iceberg...

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 1:04 pm   Permalink

I just visited Reid-O's website:

http://www.tabootiki.com

WOW!!!

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-18 6:27 pm   Permalink

Lost Paradise! July 21st! at the legendary Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver! This is a rare chance to party at one of the last surviving tiki bars in the world! hope to see you all there! check out the event post here on T.C.!

Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 9:41 pm   Permalink

Wow that Tangaroa is amazing!!

I got this Mr Bali Hai from you off Ebay a while back...

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-12 1:20 pm   Permalink

Hey! Glad to see he found a good home!

Mahalo!

Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-01 8:01 pm   Permalink

The World freestyle skateboard competition took place in Vancouver this year. When asked to make the trophy we jumped at the chance!...check it out!

Craftsmanship by Taboo Dan
Carving by Reid-O

Local Legend Kevin Harris took it home!

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-03 2:41 pm   Permalink

Taboo Tiki ROCKS ~ i got this fantastic piece at Lost Paradise. this has a permenant spot in the RongorongoRoom, and Trader Pup is guarding it ~ so paws off!

i remember Dan talking about the vintage fabric, but i couldnt remember ~ is there a story behind it?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation