FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Trader Vics 'Mai Tai Canoe', plus TVs mini Canoe
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Trader Vics 'Mai Tai Canoe', plus TVs mini Canoe
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 1:09 pm   Permalink

As well as all the work we have just produced for Mahiki, heres a fun project we created for Tader Vics 'The Mai Tai Canoe', It does also have a full outrigger but it tends to take up a lot of room.
This was carved from a piece of Oak 7' long by 2.5' in Dia.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-03-13 05:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-12-19 04:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2008-06-03 05:46 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-29 3:39 pm   Permalink

Wow! That's cool! I saw your reference to the canoe in another thread here, "While I was working on the trader vics canoe...", and I was curious about it. Thanks for posting this...

Did it go to the TV's in London, in the Hilton? I've been to that one...

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-11-29 15:40 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 01:27 am   Permalink

Nice work! One of those is still on my list to do... looks like next summer a few of us on the Great Lakes will be doing the real thing... and sailing them!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:23 pm   Permalink

I want one

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 5:46 pm   Permalink

Cheekytiki,

Your canoe is awesome. It looks like it has been around for a century getting knicks and scratches. Killer work. How was it carving a big chunk of Oak. It must be a nice piece of wood. It seems like all the Oak around my neck of the woods likes to split as it cures. Congrats on getting your work in such a nice location.

Cheers,
Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 01:28 am   Permalink

Thanks Guys, yep, the oak is tough, not only do you have to keep everything very sharp but being that we got it from France it tends to contain a lot of believe it or not ...Shrapnel! I couldn't understand why sparks were flying out of the woood at one point when using the chainsaw, I called the wood mill I bought it from, and they said, yeah, it tends to happen quite a bit!
I would like to make a working one too, but I'd definately choose a softer wood.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 04:26 am   Permalink

Cheeky, Super canoe, looks seaworthy enough too. Yes, that Oak is Tuff Stuff. What else you been working on?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 05:08 am   Permalink

More pics of the canoe with a few freinds

www.cheekytiki.com

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 11:14 am   Permalink

Cheeky, that Sure looks like a Thirsty Lot, is that canoe gonna hold enough for them all?
Nice job and super pictures!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 1:38 pm   Permalink

Very nice! What is lining the inside of it?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-14 12:08 pm   Permalink

Very cool, love this pic, makes me what to camufflage as a Tiki and drink whit them!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 04:24 am   Permalink

sorry double post

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-12-19 04:26 ]

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 04:25 am   Permalink

Finished these a couple of weeks ago for Trader Vics in Kuwait, 2 down 3 more to go.

www.cheekytiki.com

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 05:29 am   Permalink

Very coool.
I'll visit the Mahiki and the trader vics to admire your works in a few weeks. Happy happy happy

Ben.

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: benella 2007-12-19 11:50 ]

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 9:11 pm   Permalink

Cheeky, great stuff! I love all your work, has a great vintage feel to it and it all works perfect in classic new and old tiki bars.
I wish you continued success in the New Year! Keep up the great work... great eye candy for a carver!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation