FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mai Kai 50th Anniv. - a look back in pictures!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mai Kai 50th Anniv. - a look back in pictures!
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 9:03 pm   Permalink

Love that B&W tiki shot!

Now re the 1990 Mai Kai Calendar...

Quote:
April

Makes we willing to write bad checks. While...

Quote:
September

...looks like I tried to cash one with her!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 9:39 pm   Permalink

Damn!! what GREAT decor.
and the Mai Kai looks really good too

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-12-19 21:40 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 05:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-19 21:03, PremEx wrote:

Quote:
September

...looks like I tried to cash one with her!

Mmmm duck carcasses!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 7:39 pm   Permalink

Here's MY favorite waitress photo. Not in a calendar yet.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 9:09 pm   Permalink

Here's todays photo - a look at the gardens. The outrigger was once able to take you from this view of the restaurant to the shore just a few feet away...another escape from the outside world....

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 11:42 am   Permalink

Here's todays picture. These fern gods were once in front of the Mai Kai as you've seen in the pics previously posted - here they find a home across the driveway into the parking lot which is where they remain today. Weathered by hurricane Wilma only one is completely intact.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2006-12-22 11:44 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-23 8:55 pm   Permalink

TK-

Thanks for this glimpse back in time. These images are indeed priceless. I am so appreciative that you are sharing them here. I have got to tell you, I was not originally planning on attending the Mai Kai 50th because there is so much going on over the holidays, but after seeing this thread I do not want to miss it. My family traditions will have to remain preserved until next year.

Long live the Mai Kai.....

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 6:01 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest photo. Have a Happy Holiday everyone!

The Hukilau

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 6:02 pm   Permalink

Karbora,

I'm so glad that you're attending the 50th!! It certainly would not be the same without you!!

The Hukilau

hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 08:59 am   Permalink

great thread, great pics

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 07:04 am   Permalink

Here's the latest and last of the photos. There were a few days that I missed posting but more than 28 images were shared over the last 28 days. I certainly hope that everyone enjoyed them.

We're off to share a wonderful evening with ohana and the Mai Kai staff. Also, our special guest - Jeff "Beachbum" Berry. I'm so glad he has the chance to join us tonight. Also in attendance will be Mariano's son, Ron Licudine.

If you haven't yet made it to the Mai Kai please make it a part of your near future. You never know what might happen. And I'm sure everyone will agree with me that you will never be the same after experiencing what is inside - the history, the decor, the staff and the family.

These images come from the Licudine scrapbook. Here the story talks of the screened area, the dining rooms, the diorama once behind the surfboard bar and other facts about the Mai Kai.

Enjoy...

The Hukilau

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-28 07:04, tiki_kiliki wrote:

So can I pull up in my wee-little car and have a wee-little Mai Tai and see a wee-little dinner show?

Or is this the Barbie Dream House Polynesian style?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 2:27 pm   Permalink

We're heading there right now... and the Mai-Tai's better NOT be wee-little!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 4:25 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there.-Sigh- I am gonna miss the Bum.

...and I wish that model with the mini sign and 3 Tikis would still exist. Great post, a fitting ending to a great thread, thank you Christie! I never really knew who the Mai Kai's architect was: It is the same guy who did the Castaways in Miami.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 4:50 pm   Permalink

Very cool thread, and even better pictures. Man, I gotta get to Florida.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation