FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Congratulations, Hanford! He won a Nightmare Before Xmas contest!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Congratulations, Hanford! He won a Nightmare Before Xmas contest!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 4:00 pm   Permalink

Hanford's entry in MySpace's Design Your Own Nightmare Before Christmas Character contest was announced today as the winner! The contest was run as a promotion for the new 3D version that's out in theaters. Here is Hanford's winning character:

Hanford created this character, using the contest's online character-creator tool as a starting point, and adding the finishing touches in Photoshop (you can read more about how he created it
here, in a blog post on his MySpace account). There were more than 1,600 entries, and the filmmakers judged Hanfords to be the best, which is pretty darned cool. One of the prizes he won was a video from Tim Burton, congratulating him on his win, which is also pretty darned cool.

You can see Hanford's entry on the MySpace profile for The Nightmare Before Christmas here, and you can watch Tim Burton's congratulatory message on Hanford's profile here.

Congratulations, baby!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 4:06 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Hanford!!! Nice work! A drink on me next Wednesday!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 5:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah! I'm thrilled for you!!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 5:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's way cool! Congratulations Hanford!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 09:38 am   Permalink

Super Genius! Very Clever a good win!!

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 09:58 am   Permalink

Nice work, cap'n.
When Burton hires you for his next film, make sure he puts a tiki in it somewhere.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 10:42 am   Permalink

Congratulations Hanford!!! That is very very cooooool.

Cheers,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 10:53 am   Permalink

That thing is very cool. Nice piece of work. Congrats.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-02 12:07 pm   Permalink

Great character....and congratulations. What an honor!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-12-03 5:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun making it!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 09:40 am   Permalink

Congrats! Fantastic!
Just something you "whipped up"?

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 3:26 pm   Permalink

My son is beggin' me to take him to the 3D version. Congrats Hanford, that is WAY cool!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 06:10 am   Permalink

Egad! That's awesome! Great minds think alike. Looks like Tim really DUG your design. Fantastic.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 2:59 pm   Permalink

is the 3D version still playing, I dodn't think it is around here anymore, I think it got replaced by HappyFeet or something. Man, I didn't see the re-release and I going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-12-13 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-13 14:59, teaKEY wrote:
is the 3D version still playing, I dodn't think it is around here anymore, I think it got replaced by HappyFeet or something. Man, I didn't see the re-release and I going to be kicking myself for the rest of my life.

Don't worry about it teaKey. You didn't miss much. It was exactly like the original except it was in 3D. Glorious, engulfing, mesmerizing 3D.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation