FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island: New Year's Eve 2006 Party!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island: New Year's Eve 2006 Party!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-12-04 2:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

We’re pleased to announce Forbidden Island’s first ever New Year’s Eve Party! This exclusive private event will be a great way to usher in 2007, island style! Each admission includes:

-Three of our famous exotic cocktails of your choice!
-Dinner catered by Alameda’s own Hawaiian Drive-Inn
-Champagne toast
-Entertainment by Alameda’s own DJ Hyball.
-Party favors and much more!

Tickets are only $60, and are only available at Forbidden Island. Hurry on in because it’s selling fast- we’re limiting the event to just fifty people so there will be plenty of room to celebrate!

Don’t miss the best party in Alameda!

Mahalo!!

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
www.forbiddenislandalameda.com
510-749-0332

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 3:03 pm   Permalink

Ahh, finally a decent New Year's Eve party very close to home!

Ticket purchased. I'm there! Yay!!

I hope some other TC people are gonna sign up for this awesome event!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-04 5:48 pm   Permalink

what a neat idea!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-04 10:30 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmm...I hate being on the road (after drinkin') on a holiday and the drive back to Sacramento is so far after midnight. Any nice places to stay in the area? If I can book a room, I might try to make it.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 11:04 pm   Permalink

Got my tickets.....got my leopard print dinner jacket.....can't think of a better place to ring in '007!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitastic 2006-12-04 23:06 ]

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-05 05:37 am   Permalink

It does smack of a Vespar Martini doesn't it.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 22:30, VampiressRN wrote:
Hmmmmm...I hate being on the road (after drinkin') on a holiday and the drive back to Sacramento is so far after midnight. Any nice places to stay in the area? If I can book a room, I might try to make it.

This post has the info for places to stay in Alameda. Of the ones listed, Hawthorne Suites is the closest to Forbidden Island, and considering it's New Year's Eve and the police will be out in full force, you may want to stay as close as possible to limit your in-town driving.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-05 6:25 pm   Permalink

Ooooh. thanks for the link. I just got tickets for me and my crazy Mom (she is 87 years old) and loves to have a good time. I don't know if we will stay till midnight, so will just figure it out later. This will be my first time to a Tiki event and how exciting to make it the Forbidden Island. I am looking forward to meeting people from TC. (Dang.....my fabulous fez is lost somewhere in my garage....we will have to make do with some neck decor by way of a lei.)

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-05 7:03 pm   Permalink

Yeee Haaw....just got a room at the Days Inn (not a fabulous 5 star joint), but who cares after a few libations, some dancing on the tables, and a rip-roaring cab ride.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for all the interest!

New Year's Eve at Forbidden Island is SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!

See y'all soon!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-05 19:03, VampiressRN wrote:
Yeee Haaw....just got a room at the Days Inn (not a fabulous 5 star joint), but who cares after a few libations, some dancing on the tables, and a rip-roaring cab ride.

It may be a Day's Inn, but it has a fabulous A-frame and Googie style artichecture!!
Ms D and myself may be spending the night there too

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-06 05:07 am   Permalink

Fabulous!! Better get a room now...the Hawthorne had no rooms, so figure other places will be filling up too. I'll be taking the taxi to and from the hotel....sounds like the police are pretty strict on the island. I look forward to meeting fellow TCers.

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 09:15 am   Permalink

Gosh Dernit, I sure wish I could be joinin' ya!!!
Everyone have a GREAT time!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-07 3:22 pm   Permalink

IF for some reason you have tickets and can't go, I would be happy to buy them. I SLEPT! Just PM me. Thanks a lot!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 12:37 am   Permalink

Booked a suite today at the Day's Inn!! It sure is sweet - two beds, a couch and a bar!!
Can you say Room Party??
Anybody else travelling to the Isle for NYE? Book at the Day's Inn.
Let's really bring in 007 Tiki style!!
Their rates aren't bad, considering. $79.99 for single bed, $89.99 for 2 beds and $110 for a suite.
See ya all at FI...
Meanwhile, here's a pic of the best darn looking Motor Inn in Alameda
Interesting fact...the adjoining restaurant, now an Asian Buffet, used to be a Sambo's

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2006-12-08 00:42 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation