FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events South Florida Tiki Jam 3....Jan 20, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
South Florida Tiki Jam 3....Jan 20, 2007
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 12:09 pm   Permalink

maybe next time...

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 05:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-10 12:06, Tiki Taki wrote:
Hi. I'm new to tiki. Is the Tiki Jam open to anybody? I'd love to see some live tiki carving. (I'm currently working on my second carving.)

Anyone is more than welcome. The best way to learn is by diving in and watching others.

PM me with any questions.

Finky,
If you'd just move down here already......

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-13 09:23 am   Permalink

Loki-

It was good to see you at the Mai Kai 50th celebration I have been anticipating this event for many months. Unfortunately, a couple of weekends ago I was in the midst of an outdoor project that went bad very quickly and I shattered my left arm which has required multiple surgeries. A very unplanned and unwelcome event which has left me sticking close to home for awhile. I am sorry to miss the festivities. Have a great time!

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-13 09:23, Karbora wrote:
Loki-

It was good to see you at the Mai Kai 50th celebration I have been anticipating this event for many months. Unfortunately, a couple of weekends ago I was in the midst of an outdoor project that went bad very quickly and I shattered my left arm which has required multiple surgeries. A very unplanned and unwelcome event which has left me sticking close to home for awhile. I am sorry to miss the festivities. Have a great time!

Karbora

But you could still hold a Tiki Mug with the other hand, couldn't you?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-14 08:16 am   Permalink

Absolutely...I am able to confirm that you can indeed shake and enjoy a refreshing cocktail with one arm. It's the limited mobility that has me "anchored" for now. I know there will be extreme fun...so have some for me

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 09:08 am   Permalink

Karbora...bummer about your arm...please heal well and we'll hopefully see you next time.

I have found that mai tai's act quicker than any pain reliever....

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 6:18 pm   Permalink

Loki,
I will try my best to be there. I have a couple of work related trips around the same time. I'm trying to weasel my schedule open on that date. Will let you know if it's a go...
I'll bring rum!

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-05 13:06, kikekeki wrote:
Count me in!
I'll bring rum...

You should bring Tequila instead!!!!!

Arrr!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-14 19:02, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 13:06, kikekeki wrote:
Count me in!
I'll bring rum...

You should bring Tequila instead!!!!!

Arrr!!!!

Only if Bamboo Ben is there...
Arrr to you too

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 04:21 am   Permalink

Hi Loki,

Looks like I can come play for a bit during the day. When is early arrival set for/allowed? Not that I ever show THAT early.

Looking forward to seeing all who can make it.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 5:06 pm   Permalink

Final bump before saturday..

wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 04:04 am   Permalink

We should have a nice doy for it. Look for a pm.

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 2:03 pm   Permalink

The Tiki Carving Jam was a blast! Many, many BIG MAHOLOS to Chris and Elizabeth for their gracious hospitality, and also for they're VERY gracious hospitality in allowing Haole Kats to once again crash their pad while we played down there at the Mai Kai, our luau-bar-mitzvah (really), and at the Jetsetter Lounge!

The next time they throw one of these, try to go, as you will love their place there in Boca, you will drink and eat like kings/queens, and you will see some amazing artists at work carving, and learn a lot in the process.

Mahalo once again to Loki and Stumpgrinder for a wonderful, wonderful time.

Kanekila

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 2:07 pm   Permalink

OK - where are the pictures??

Had a great time Saturday. It was good to see everyone. Loki and Stumpgrinder were supreme hosts and deserve standing O for the job they did. Fantastic music, food and people. The Seagrave was a true highlight - imagine an old roadster and Semi having unholy relations - truly unique!! Thanks again.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 8:52 pm   Permalink

Oh come on now! Someone must of brought a camera...

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation