FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events South Florida Tiki Jam 3....Jan 20, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
South Florida Tiki Jam 3....Jan 20, 2007
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 05:27 am   Permalink

When i get my lazy butt in gear i'll post what i have.

In the mean time, it was a great event and the best part is getting everyone together. Thanks to the Haole Kats for playing some impromtu tunes. No better way to carve when you have live Hawaiian music jammin in the background.

Thanks to wplugger for bringing the Seagrave...it was a highlight for sure...

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 8:02 pm   Permalink

A few pictures....

Our host playing with fire.

Our hostess and Mrs. Benzart (who didn't carve this time)

The Seagrave

If only I had some wood to carve...... At least my tools are sharp.

More
here.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 10:19 pm   Permalink

First, let me thank you, Chris and Elizabeth for being gracious hosts and sharing your fantastic home for the Tiki Jam. Second, a thank you to ALL of the Florida Ohana--Chip and Andy, Tiki Kiliki, Pia, Haole Kats, Papa Bear, etc, etc,--getting to meet all of you and hang out Friday and Saturday really made our trip. We look forward to seeing you all again at the Hukilau. And if you ever make your way to Minnesota (yeah, ridiculous--but come camping with us in the middle of June someday and you'll get a taste of why we put up with all the scheisse weather!) we'll be sure to show you a good time.

We missed the live carving; Varla and I were a little--ahem--under the weather Saturday, so these are all backyard-hangin' out-type pitchers.

Exciting Mai Kai pics and more can be found at
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22532&forum=4&9

awwww!

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Taki

Posted: 2007-01-28 1:14 pm   Permalink

Greqat pics! Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting everybody at the tiki jam. Next time I'm definitely staying for the serious hooch! Great big thanks again to Chris and Elizabeth for being such wonderful hosts.

View Profile of Tiki Taki Send a personal message to Tiki Taki  Email Tiki Taki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Taki

Posted: 2007-01-28 1:22 pm   Permalink

By the way, earlier today I was trying to put into practice some of the techniques I learned from watching Aloha Station carve with power tools at the party. I was working on a slightly smaller scale, using my new Black n Decker rotory tool. I was making great progress and the tool was working great.... right up until the moment that it burst into flames. Huh.

View Profile of Tiki Taki Send a personal message to Tiki Taki  Email Tiki Taki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-28 13:22, Tiki Taki wrote:
... right up until the moment that it burst into flames.

Flaming Power Tools! Wooohooo! This is going to be some party!

OK, now that I have calmed down.... Your dremel caught fire or your wood?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Taki

Posted: 2007-02-01 09:29 am   Permalink

Fortunately, wood is fine. Dremel, however, is toast.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation