FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Nu No Na Me tikis 8-17-07 finally
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Nu No Na Me tikis 8-17-07 finally
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 10:14 am   Permalink

At this point it seems that none of them are done. And this is a good place for me to store pics.

So far I am doing better with the minis.
Here a few, finished or not.
Hairy tiki, six inches

Marquesan mask, about 1.5 inches

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-08-04 18:41 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 10:41 am   Permalink

Mr. Peanut

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-08-11 10:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-06-08 16:54 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 11:05 am   Permalink

Noname! Awesome firsts (or first posts) small is good, bigger is better though. Keep em coming. Let's see.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 11:19 am   Permalink

Very Cool! Enjoying the hook knife?
What kinds of woods are those? They look a little weathered, which is neat, but like they might be hard to carve.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 12:38 pm   Permalink

Hey Noname, Glad to see you still carving the small stuff. Nice work. I Really love the Hairy tiki..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 9:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben, Meiko & McT.,
In my drives home from the grocery store or where ever or riding my bike home from where ever I tend to keep my eye peeled for plant life, er, death.

This guy was hijacked. A while back our freind had his car broken into. Pool ques, cds and the the tiki was stolen out of his Audi. Bastards!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2009-05-18 18:14 ]

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 07:12 am   Permalink

Hey Mr. NoNaMe,

Looks like you've been busy. Nice stuff. What sort of toolz are ya using and what are you using for ideas/fuel? Keep pushing your designs forward and make each of your carvings better than the last. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Can you carry a chainsaw on your MTB?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 08:23 am   Permalink

Originally I was using a small sharp chisel cuz that is all I had. The wood was so soft all I had to do was push through the wood. I had to be gentle or the wood would crush. Evident in some of the pics. The clean sharp edges in the pics a from the hook knife Ben said to get.
My mugs and pics of tikis in Tiki Mag are the fuel so far. I have a few pages/20 or so drawings.
I actually have a trailer for the MTB. But, that is for trail maintenance or traveling. Would only use the chainsaw to remove deadfall from a trail so the trail isn't rerouted.

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 3:41 pm   Permalink

Here are a few pendants I made a couple days ago. There are not exactly finished. I'll prolly paint them a bit.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 5:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Noname, those are pretty small and you are getting much Better with practise. I still love the Hairball tikis, you should dig up more wood. I am Very glad to see that finger all in one piece and in Un-stitched condition. It's worth more that way!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-22 17:07, Benzart wrote:
Hey Noname, those are pretty small and you are getting much Better with practise. I still love the Hairball tikis, you should dig up more wood. I am Very glad to see that finger all in one piece and in Un-stitched condition. It's worth more that way!

Thanks again Benz! When I hear from you it always makes me feel great! I am stil searching for those hairballs..........

Finger is still good.
I am still looking for the good hairball tikis

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 11:47 am   Permalink

That dog just ain't right.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 9:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-25 11:47, hodadhank wrote:
That dog just ain't right.

Eh, he's alright. You should see him when he's laying on his side and too lazy to get up.

Here are a couple more pendants. And a painted mask.

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 12:13 pm   Permalink

I do not condone drinking "Bud" unless you are in a place with bad drinking water.

Ana has Spongebob by the balls.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-01-01 19:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2008-07-15 18:47 ]

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 3:25 pm   Permalink

A mega mini carving.

It is about 2x4.5 inches.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation