FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki sams seafood reopening!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
sams seafood reopening!!!!
samsback
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-07 11:44 am   Permalink

Hi, we are reopening Sams Seafood real soon, we are trying to restore it to the best we can, cleaner and better food and try and keep the look the same but update it. If you have any question just post them and I will reply. Alan

View Profile of samsback Send a personal message to samsback      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-07 12:26 pm   Permalink

Better food and drinks would be very welcome! Mahalo for reopening it! I hope to be able to visit the weekend before New Years day.

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2006-12-07 12:27 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 12:34 pm   Permalink

How exciting - You should update Sam's Seafood page on Critiki!

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2006-12-07 12:34 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 1:04 pm   Permalink

Wow! There's some good news if I ever heard some! It makes so much sense for a Southern Cal beach town eatery to keep the original Tiki theme, congrats guys on sticking with it!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 2:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Alan,
I called you a few weeks ago asking what was going on over there! Glad to see you came to TC to share with everyone, and keep us posted on the Grand Opening....We should have a Grand Re-Opening party, right!? haha
-Tom

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 3:17 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! That's some of the best news I've had in a while! That totally made my Christmas!
The missus and I had the rehearsal dinner for our wedding at Sam's. Been there several times, and always had fun. So, when is the restaurant officially open again?!

Now here's an idea. You guys should have TikiFarm or Munktiki make you up some new tiki mugs in the style of the old Sam's mugs! That would be killer!!!! I think everyone here would buy 'em.
Here's a link to an old thread with some pictures (Thanks Sabu!)

[ This Message was edited by: TikiJosh 2006-12-07 15:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiJosh 2006-12-07 15:25 ]

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-07 3:18 pm   Permalink

Really looking forward to visiting Sam's! Thanks for reviving it.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 4:28 pm   Permalink

Yes, Please keep us posted of the GRAND REOPENING DATE!

There aren't any other Tiki Locations that are going to just resurface from the dead!

This is truly a rare and special occasion!

I hope you do plan to have a special SAM'S MUG and a Big Party and Mrs.Mojo and I will try to make down from the SF Bay Area for the event!

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 6:20 pm   Permalink

Maybe in March, when I'll be out for a visit? Hmmm?

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-07 11:44, samsback wrote:
we are trying to restore it to the best we can, cleaner and better food and try and keep the look the same but update it. If you have any question just post them and I will reply. Alan

The word "update" always scares me a little. Would you mind elaborating a little?

Thanks a bunch. This is great news.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Has this been confirmed? I hope it is not some cruel joke.

Can you give us the backstory? Is Sam's open permanently, or is it just until they sell the property?

If this is true, then it would be awesome!

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 11:57 pm   Permalink

Its true.....a few weeks ago,I was driving down PCH to go to newport from LAX area with my better half, and saw that the side doors to the room were open. I told my GF that we'd stop in on our way back and have a drink or 3. Well long story short, I pulled in coming back from newport to have those 3 drinks and the place was locked up with no one in site and the doors to "the hidden village" had been shut. Then it scared me, when I saw the dumpster which was overfilled and there were old plastic plants, dirty palm coverings, and what looked to be soda fountain lines that carry the syrup to the dispensing nozzle in the trash. I thought, could Sams really be on its way out now? If at a glance, it looked like the place was being gutted by the looks of the dumpster. Anyhow, coming home, me and the misses were talking about how sad it is, since the place was absolutley beautiful inside with the waterfalls and the ambiance of the hidden village is like non other we've experienced together in SoCal(Bahooka is closest match,but more nautical than tiki to me). So I called the following day, thinking nobody would answer the phone, but alas...."Sams Seafood,"?...said a man on the other end of the phone. I said "Yes, I'm curious if you are still open for business?" The man said "Yes will be back open in 2 weeks. We are updating the drink dispensers and fixing some stuff that has fell in need of repair. He told me about a few problems that they were addressing, but assured me they would be open soon, bringing back the dinner shows after they work out the details and dates. I can only say that I was relieved. After seeing that dumpster filled with the old plastic foliage and all the old palms, I could only think of the worst. It was Alan that I spoke to that day on the phone, and I am looking foward to going back to patronize Sams! Thanks Alan!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 03:00 am   Permalink

Samsback, can you answer history questions about Sam's decor?

Would you know with any certainty who carved any of the various tikis?

Or, from what vendor were they purchased?

Were the painted ones in the bar delivered that way or were they painted in later years? A manager told me they were painted about 20 years ago but didn't know if that was the first time.

Sam's didn't start out as a tiki bar; about what year was it "tikified"?

Thanks for anything you can tell us.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 03:53 am   Permalink

I've never been there; may never get there but I'm happy to hear about Sam's. Hooray!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 06:52 am   Permalink

I went to Sam's periodically when in High School...often Banquets were held there, which was pretty sweet.

I went back a few summers ago, after a million years, and while I was happy it was still open, the place was very dirty, had insect infestation, and electrical problems (Big trouble for Restaurants)

I'm really happy someone (Samsback) is putting some time and effort into the place. Better food will be a great leap. I hope too that you can open a little shop and sell Sam's stuff for Sam's enthusiasts!

Thanks for all the work. It would be distrassing to see such a fantastic place become a Starbucks, nail salon or Condos.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation