FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki sams seafood reopening!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
sams seafood reopening!!!!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-18 02:10 am   Permalink

Dr. Tiki GROGO would like to apologize to MT Kahuna. Dr.Tiki GROGO will stop painting Dr. Tiki GROGO' face. Dr. Tiki GROGO not mean any disrespect to MT Kahuna and Dr. Tiki GROGO appreciate MT Kahuna enlightening Dr. Tiki GROGO error of Dr. Tiki GROGO' way. Is it OK if Dr.Tiki GROGO keep wearing silly looking hat?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 12:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Hey! I spot a "Hidden Mickey!" I'm not only offended...but I'm contacting Disney Legal to see if there's any reward if I turn you in, and they successfully sue your face off for copyright infringement.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 11:00 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna 2006-12-21 15:27 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 11:17 am   Permalink

keep up the good work!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 12:00 pm   Permalink

I was hoping to hear that they are bringing back Sam's. Ben, let me know when you're going there next and I'll grab some drinks with you.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 11:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-07 11:44, samsback wrote:
Hi, we are reopening Sams Seafood real soon, we are trying to restore it to the best we can, cleaner and better food and try and keep the look the same but update it. If you have any question just post them and I will reply. Alan

Wow, there IS a God ! That menu could use a nice update, but the inside was perfect as is. Whatever, I'll take it.

Please keep us posted here.

Any interest in saving La Mariana Sailing Club in Honolulu ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2007-01-06 4:42 pm   Permalink

A Little Tiki told me last night that the Menehunes have been working their booties off day & night getting the place shaped up. They even had the Sam's sign lit up while they were working last night

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-06 7:08 pm   Permalink

These are 2 out of 4 of some old odd hut lamps that we dug out of the "chamber" below Sam's that I'm re-furbishing for them.

As soon as they get their floors done

( contractor said 2 days. Ummmmmmm, 3+ weeks.........doh!)

the Bamboo Ben magic is gonna take place. Will post more soon....They want to open the dine room and bar by Feb.

Pray to the tiki gods for smooth sailing!

Trying to mix in a lot of Sam's past. Before the 80's rattan and mural crap. More stuff from the " chamber" will be used.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-06 8:46 pm   Permalink

Does anybody know if Sam's will continue with the Polynesian Spectacular show?

Love that show... and Sam's!!!

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 12:28 am   Permalink

I prey to tiki gods for Bamboo Ben to guide Sam's into the right place..Yessssss...!!!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 04:54 am   Permalink

Hey, Bennie, what else did you find in the "chamber"??? I've been hearing about the downstairs bombshelter for years, but nobody has been allowed down there until YOU! You're the Indiana Jones of Tikiworld!

Is the door that small one behind the bar?

Find any shrunken heads? Nude paintings? Huh? Huh?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 06:59 am   Permalink

Cool Ben, finally you have a gig close to home! Those hut lamps look Japenese in their basic style, interesting. Are they gonna get the waterfall in the Hidden Village going again?

And is there anything "Tiki" left in the joint across the street, which once was Noel's? Maybe you can talk them out of it...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:52 pm   Permalink

Sven,
are you talking about Taco surf? There are a few big tiki's outside.
But they are all painted horrible clown colors.
Can't remember about the inside. very south of the border feel which isn't bad, just not tiki.
I saw some surf bands at Taco surf. and many surf bands at Sams.

I love it when surf, and tiki , and mexican food come together.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 12:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-06 20:46, tikipedia wrote:
Does anybody know if Sam's will continue with the Polynesian Spectacular show?

Love that show... and Sam's!!!

I hope so, I love the Sam's luau!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 04:01 am   Permalink

The wife and I made a run to LBC saturday night to check out "The puka bar", after a couple of drinks (good stuff, cool place), I decided to go by sams to see if the place was gutted and history (also to look for a dumpster!). We got there maybe 8pm and looked inside, what I saw lifted my heart!, lots of work was in progress and all the main tiki stuff was intact!. I had not read about the re-opening so I was getting happy, hopeful thoughts. Then as we were going around the side looking for the "dumpster" for a little keepsake, we get passed up by 3 folks making their way to the door, so I ask if they are involved in working on the place, one of the guys says they are restoring the place, updating the food (thank god) but keeping the good stuff intact!!. I almost did the snoopy dance right on the spot!!. They said the old owner had let the place slip and they were going to bring it back to the condition it deserved. I met a guy named Bill that was one of the partners and thanked him and the guy doing the floors (alan?) and told them how important the place is to alot of folks all over the USA. I am so damn grateful that Sam's is coming back. They said maybe by st.patties day. Please be supportive of this effort and like Ben said, try and not get too caught up in complaining about the little details that may be different, just thank the guys for saving the place and not turning it into a Russian mafia owned bikini bar like KELBO'S!!.I am so damn happy to hear about this place coming back!, I was really depressed when I thought it was history. Let's pray for good food and grog!. Mahalo. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation