FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki sams seafood reopening!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
sams seafood reopening!!!!
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-05-01 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-29 15:19, Humuhumu wrote:
I'm having trouble finding my enthusiasm for this reopening..........Do not go in expecting it to be the same old Sam's.
Take that all with a grain of salt -- some of my info comes from rumbles & rumors.

I'm just happy it's re-opening (and right down the street from my shack!!!) Let's all pray to the tiki gods for a good bartender and we'll have some fun!!! I look forward to hosting Hanford, you and the rest of the Northern CA crowd as you've been so gracious to WooHoo and I on or recent treks to your island.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 11:20 pm   Permalink

I poked my head in there the other day. Got a tour, all the peeps were really nice there and all. Not going to be the same for sure, but let's see what happens. Is it going to be there for long, don't know? I am carving up some artifacts for them. Picked up this job but had to save Hukilau for 2008.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-06-13 20:30 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 07:47 am   Permalink

"Clams Gone Wild" I'm there.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 9:42 pm   Permalink

Caddy Shack Audio

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 07:18 am   Permalink

The place looks real close to opening. Most all of the inside looks finished and there were alot of folks running about.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-17 2:22 pm   Permalink

The New Sign....

Good Sign...Empty Boxes from The Bar

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drinqwine

Posted: 2008-03-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

Sam's is open for sure. They are closed Monday's until Summer. New drink menu and food menu. I haven't had dinner yet but the prices on the Pupu's are more reasonable than they have been before. There is a Wine Wednesday promo that has all wines at 50% off! Too bad that can't be the MaiTai's. The bartender tells me new owners took it over in January of '08 from the the (new) owners that re-opened it last summer. It seems the old owners had a bit of a cash flow problem. These guys seem to be trying. They want to change the name because they don't think Sam's has a very good reputation any more. They are considering the name Kona, my only concern is that they don't move away from their great Tiki decor.

View Profile of drinqwine Send a personal message to drinqwine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 11:43 pm   Permalink

Sam's bar rubbish: tequila - vodka - tequila - gin - tequila - martini glasses - tequila - bourbon - tequila - wine glasses - tequila - Cruzan rum - tequila. So, what drinks are most popular at Sam's? Make a good Navy Grog do they?

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-03-12 05:59 am   Permalink

This just in.......
Hi Chris,

Thought you might like to know, there will be a meeting at Sam's Wednesday the 12th at 6pm from a consulting firm hired by the landlord to consider demolishing Sam's, rebuilding it with generic retail spaces with condo's above them and underground parking. This is not involving the city yet but we feel the landlord is obviously testing the waters. We found out by receiving a letter in today's mail addressed to "resident". Any support you could bring in opposition to this horrible possibility would be greatly appreciated. First MaiTai's on me!

Best regards,

Chuck Purrington
Managing Partner
Sam's Huntington Beach

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation