FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 8:55 pm   Permalink

Egg Nog...YAY!!! Egg Nog is proof that Santa loves us and wants us to be happy! Each sip is a wonderful, rich holiday experience that has no parallel in other festive drinks, foods, or activities. An intoxicating blend of forbidden ingredients, Egg Nog has a sweet subtlety which can only be compared to beautiful passages of poetry or great music. In these days of the flash, crass, and cash Christmas, Egg Nog is a reminder of a time when the Holiday was real and our greatest pleasures were simpler. Just the very though of a glass of Egg Nog brings sweet distant Christmas memories to mind, not just my memories but memories that reach far into the past to Christmases long before me. And on top of all that Egg Nog is just pure, unadulterated YUM. It tastes like angels dancing on the tip of your tongue...If one sip doesn't send you to Heaven, you're probably already living in Hell! And that's why I say: Egg Nog: YAY!!!

Egg Nog...NAY!!! Egg Nog looks like half finished cake batter, taste likes a mouthful of International Delights Non-Dairy Creamer, and smells like the stuff the school janitor would sprinkle over vomit. Which is appropriate because that's what drinking Egg Nog makes me want to do. Didn't we invent the 20th Century so that a mixture of raw eggs, cream, and sugar was no longer considered a good idea? C'mon: Raw eggs? Oh how yummy! Blech! And what the hell is "nog" anyway? Elf phlegm??? Egg Nog, like a monarchy and hats with big buckles on them, is a relic of the 18th century that should only be regarded as a horror of our past. And that's why I say Egg Nog: NAY!!!

For inside sentiment
see back of package.

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2008-12-06 11:11 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 9:49 pm   Permalink

Ha-ha! Great thread, woofmutt! Though it is a little like last year's Egg Nog thread HERE. Still, I say: Egg Nog: Yay! The stuff is mind blowingly good and just plain evil. Like French fries. Or bacon. Or French fries with bacon on 'em.

One thing I don't get though is the big to-do all the coffee shacks and shops make over Egg Nog Lattes 'bout this time every year. Dunno if that's just a local thing or national, but 'round these parts they hang out professionally printed banners announcin' to all they have Egg Nog Lattes. It's like they think they got some sorta exotic concoction yuh couldn't figger out on yer own. Coffee + Egg Nog = Egg Nog and Coffee. Woo-Hoo!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 9:52 pm   Permalink

You wasted post 669 on this? I'd rather drink 151 and cream cheese.

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-08 9:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-08 21:49, woofmutt wrote:
One thing I don't get though is the big to-do all the coffee shacks and shops make over Egg Nog Lattes 'bout this time every year. Dunno if that's just a local thing or national,

from January till November 30, Eggnog Goes Underground.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-08 10:01 pm   Permalink

Salmonella Punch ~ bring it ON!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 10:05 pm   Permalink

Eggnog Schmeggnog... Gingerbread Lattes the hot topic this year...

Gingerbread Lattes all the rage on the East Coast

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 10:16 pm   Permalink

snip.

[ This Message was edited by: tekoteko 2006-12-08 22:21 ]

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 10:22 pm   Permalink

I don't care what it's made out of, I can speed-drink this stuff no problem. I could probably down a quart of this stuff in like 30 seconds, and I not joking. Unfortunately when you get the 'premium' stuff, ie., not the Soy-Nog or the Low Fat you're dealing with biblical amounts of fat and calories. Therefore this holiday season I have downed 0 ounces thus far, and may not have any at all before the holidays are over. Sad but true. Ya might as well pour it in your pants and get on the scale to see that you've ganed 10 pounds. Why do all the good things in life have price tag?

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 12:52 am   Permalink

I say egg nog YAY!!!

I've loved this stuff since I was a kid and as an adult the version with hard spirits and heated is all the better.

On a cold winter night, by a fire, with da Mrs. -bring on the Nog or a good Hot Mulled Wine and that's all I need to get me through the damn dreariness of Winter!

Only problem is my Mrs is Lactose Intolerant so these days bout the only Nog I see is of the SOY variety and that my friends is pretty nasty!

The best on the planet is making your own completely from scratch!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-09 07:37 am   Permalink

Sacraligious...but...many a low-fat egg nog with Meyer's Rum have made it onto my hips. It is even good warm. But only embibe during the holidays....not a fave for me.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 09:08 am   Permalink

Egg Nog NAY!

Hot Buttered Rum YEY!!!

PM me for a great recipie for Hot Buttered Rum....
As good as the one Trader Vic's sold!

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 10:37 am   Permalink

As a kid YAY! Now? I'm leaning torwards NAY. Something just don't seem right about it. I'm sure I'll be giving it another go this year....we'll see.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 11:53 am   Permalink

Not into it that stuff at all. Something about the taste and name freaks me out. Eggs are already weird enough with out adding nog to them. I want to order an egg nog someplace and say "Yes I will have the egg nog, but please hold the egg and add extra nog." Or maybe start a new online trend... Web Nogging. I do think egg Grog is cool though:

Chongolio

P.S Woofmutt, your funny!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 06:37 am   Permalink

Definitely Yay! For me, it's not Christmas without egg-nog (with dark rum) and mixed nuts in the shell. These days I try to limit the intake, though, as it does wreak havok with the waistline.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 08:52 am   Permalink

had the opportunity to do the egg nog( and it MUST be 'nogged' AKA BOOZE) this weekend at 2 Christmas parties--took NO OPPORTUNITY to avail myself yet have done so in the past...I agree with the above that stuff is just TOO THICK as a beverage.. I am on a ANTI-THICK or HOT rant I guess (see buttered rum forum). I chose KETEL ONE & tonic with homegrown key lime slices instead and probably felt FAR BETTER in the a.m. than my wife who chose the LOW-FAT eggnog w/rum mode

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation