FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
Captainwhoopass
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-20 2:32 pm   Permalink

I was a solid 'Nay' until a friend suggested I add a tablespoon of orange juice to the egg nog - it turned this nay-sayer into a believer.

View Profile of Captainwhoopass Send a personal message to Captainwhoopass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-20 5:35 pm   Permalink

I don't know what it is, but I can't find the right combination of eggnog and alcohol to please my palate. I like both individually, but when I try them together, it just doesn't seem right. A few days ago I tried some Appleton's in egg-nog. Didn't do it for me. So, I then tried some Smith & Cross. Still didn't do it. Maybe I was just hardwired as a youngster to like egg-nog by itself. Not sure. I'll try some of the suggestions here and see if I come up with something I like. It's certainly a worthy experiment.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Tom 2012-12-20 17:36 ]

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-20 11:37 pm   Permalink

Best use for eggnogg,
dip bread in it for making french toast.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-20 11:58 pm   Permalink

French toast sounds fantastic. I've been wanting to make some holiday french toast using slices of Panettone. Using eggnog is brilliant, though. Maybe I'll combine the two. Hmmmm....

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-22 11:23 am   Permalink

As much as I love rum, I often prefer bourbon in my egg nog. I also sometimes drink the egg nog plain, with a sipping-shot of rum or bourbon on the side.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-07 2:53 pm   Permalink

Five years ago I posted a recipe for traditional New England eggnog. Since I'm making lots of the stuff this season I decided to go back and see what I had posted. It had a few errors, unfortunately, so I corrected them. Sorry it took me so long. Now that it's corrected, true eggnog aficionados will enjoy it.

Here is a link to the post located on Page 3 of this thread.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-08 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-20 23:37, bigtikidude wrote:
Best use for eggnogg,
dip bread in it for making french toast.

That sounds awesome. Definitely going to try this!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 2:34 pm   Permalink

I popped on here to give this thread it's traditional seasonal bump in the pants...

Wait, that sounds wrong...Uhm...

Popped on to bump up this thread and it had already been done for me. Now I can spend the time I saved on drinkin!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 8:20 pm   Permalink

woofmutt, if luvin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZoUa0MgQMo

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation