FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 09:37 am   Permalink

egg nog is nasty and slimy and icky and grody and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, it's just gross.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
I'm kinda ready to hurl just thinking about it,
why did I read this post.
GAG!
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-11 12:10 pm   Permalink

Store bought eggnog = NAY!

Homemade with plenty of booze = YAY!

I make it every year using a different recipe each year (usually from the 1940s Esquire Drink Book).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 10:19 pm   Permalink

Ok, allow me to contribute...

I love eggnog, but a couple sips and I've got a wicked wicked migrane. So, since I can no longer use my secret recipe, I thought I'd share it with you all:

12 Egg Yolks
1 3/4 c. Sugar
2 Qts. Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Cinnamon (Ground)
2 tsp. Nutmeg (Ground)
2 tsp. Cloves (Ground)
1 C. Rum - Use a favortie, I personally prefer any Demerera (151 for the bold)
1 oz. Congac

Combine ingredients and refrigerate. Served with fresh ground nutmeg on top.

(of course, this isn't a pic of the recipe, this is that Soy junk)

Happy Holidays!

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-12-12 22:36 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 07:19 am   Permalink

Yea. Anything you can put rum in is OK.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 08:03 am   Permalink

Egg Nog YAY!!
I love it with dark rum. For another tasty combo, try it with bourbon and a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg....mmmm!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 2:54 pm   Permalink

Can we somehow merge the eggnog thread with the Beatles thread?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 3:59 pm   Permalink

I AM THE EGGNOG
KooKooKaChoo!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-13 10:09 pm   Permalink

WOOOOHOOO! EGGNOG

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 01:06 am   Permalink

EGGNOG THEN:

I grew up in a household that didn't drink (yawn). BUT I had this Aunt (doesn't everyone?) that liked to spice things up. I remember getting to taste Eggnog and McNaughton's as a kid.

EGGNOG NOW:

I tried some recently and it's best in very limited quntities...say a shot glass full. I also currently have it in chocolate form. Yes, chocolate. I still have two packages left (as shown) and will send one to anyone who can convince me they need to try it (you will have to give me your address which means that at any given moment in time I could show up at your door as well...keep that in mind). I expect no takers on the Eggnog chocolate...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-12 08:01 am   Permalink

While this topic was well discussed last year I was in a bar last night where a very bloody and destructive fight boke out. There was some confusion as to what was the cause, but as the cops were puttin' the cuffs on me I told 'em how a lil discussion on egg nog kinda got outta hand.

Clearly the cotroversy rages on.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-12 12:02 pm   Permalink

This year I made a batch from a recipe on CHOW.com that calls for aging the eggnog in the fridge for a minimum of 3 weeks up to one year. This recipe was also recently mentioned on NPR. My batch will be 3 weeks old on Christmas eve. If I survive drinking it I'll report back here on how it tasted!

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10758

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2007-12-12 12:03 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-12 12:15 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-12 12:02, thejab wrote:
This year I made a batch from a recipe on CHOW.com that calls for aging the eggnog in the fridge for a minimum of 3 weeks up to one year. This recipe was also recently mentioned on NPR. My batch will be 3 weeks old on Christmas eve. If I survive drinking it I'll report back here on how it tasted!

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10758

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2007-12-12 12:03 ]

So, how was it?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 12:52 pm   Permalink

Yuck....Made from liquid chickens and mammal secretions.This stuff needs lots of alcohol in it just to make it safe to drink but still can't even tolerate the thought of it at all.

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-29 12:36 am   Permalink

Egg Nog - delicious HOT...disgusting COLD! If you ever drink enough nog mixed w/ Southern Comfort to get really, really gut wrenchingly sick, you will never want to drink it again.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation