FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Egg Nog: Yay! or Nay!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-16 07:10 am   Permalink

I'm not an eggnog fan, it's just kinda nasty. But it does make excellent pancakes

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-16 08:21 am   Permalink

Haven't tried this yet but I feel it comin' on. Maybe someone else wants to take a crack at it first since I still have to get the right materials.

Bacon Egg Nog

I'm thinking three strips of bacon per serving. Crumble the crisp bacon into about 16 oz of egg nog. Mix in a blender until the bacon bits are small enough to pass through a straw. Serve in a tall glass or mug. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top and garnish with a pat of butter and a sprig of holly.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 08:47 am   Permalink

I think you oughtta take the Bacon & Egg Nog one step further and serve it with a hashbrown wedge garnish.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 5:12 pm   Permalink

Egg nog for me is like desert. If I can't get my chocolate fix then I'll drink it. I tasted egg nog ice cream recently, what a waste of ice cream. Never again, YUCK! GAG ME WITH A SPOON.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 6:33 pm   Permalink

Heck yes!
Try this from Sunset mag. It's very good

Time: 20 minutes, plus 4 hours to steep and chill.

Yield: Serves 12
Ingredients

* 1 pt. half-and-half
* 4 cinnamon sticks (3 1/2 in. long)
* 1 teaspoon whole cloves
* 5 large egg yolks
* 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
* 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
* 1 1/4 cups light or dark rum (optional)
* Ground cinnamon

Preparation

1. Heat half-and-half, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a saucepan, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. Strain and return to pan.

2. Whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk into half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat, until mixture reaches 160 (don't boil). Stir in coconut milk. Let cool, then chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.

3. Buzz half of mixture at a time in a blender until frothy. Pour into a bowl and stir in rum if you like. Ladle into glasses and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Elaine Johnson, Sunset, DECEMBER 2009

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-04 9:00 pm   Permalink

Bumpity bump bump, bumpity bump bump...

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-04 10:54 pm   Permalink

A big Yay to the Nog.

You just need some Brandy and the right glass for the holidays:

Don Ho, Ho, Ho,

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 01:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-12 12:15, Unga Bunga wrote:

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 01:30 am   Permalink

Goofy hip hop ode to the 'nog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IP9qACgvMM

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 07:17 am   Permalink

Egg nog? love it but it has to be ice cold for me. I used to buy it in a metal can which was the best but haven't found it that way for years.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-05 08:16 am   Permalink

I think we used to sell metal cans of egg not and hot choclate when I worked at the drive-in theater. We kept them hot in the hotdog bun warming cabinette.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 1:13 pm   Permalink

its egg snott season already?!?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 6:20 pm   Permalink

Homemade egg nog with rum... YAY! Canned egg nog... the worst of the worst!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-05 6:33 pm   Permalink

Egg-nog related from the Food & Drinks forum

Quote:

On 2010-12-05 17:53, VampiressRN wrote:
Now I normally don't like pre-mixed bottle drinks, but I have had a couple that aren't too bad...please don't shoot me, I know this is not tiki-politically correct. My friend brought over an eggnog that was actually really good. I know a home-made egg nog is best, but if you had a few of these in reserve, I think it would be worthy to serve guests. I had it over ice.

Made with real dairy cream, rum, brandy, and blended whiskey. 14.75% alcohol.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 10:41 pm   Permalink

Every year the liquor store gets bottled egg nog and other premixed special holiday stuffs in and every year there's always a lotta it on clearance in January. I've wondered if any of it is drinkable and have always assumed it isn't. I figured this Penn. Dutch stuff would taste like Milk of Eggnogsia.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation