[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Just returned from the Hospital
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Just returned from the Hospital
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 3:00 pm   Permalink

Hey Finky. All kinds of bad, but its good to know you're slowly on the mend again. Rest up and take it easy.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-10 11:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-10 06:55, finkdaddy wrote:
The doctors were much more worried about the infection in my pancreas than they were about my gall bladder. But all is well and stable now.

holycrap! you had your gall bladder taken out "hot?" ~ we refused that option (sounds like you had laproscopic surgery, my on-call surgeon was a geezer who wanted to sliced me open like a honeybaked ham).

you definitely win Gall Bladder Wars!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 06:45 am   Permalink

Thanks again everybody. All is going well. I'm just dealing now with being tired and sore. Keeping my kids from jumping on me has been the greatest challenge throughout this whole thing!

Dogbytes: Fortunately, I was able to have the laproscopic surgery. I was told before hand though, that there was a very good chance they would have to open me up anyway during the operation, but I wanted it out! Thankfully, it wasn't needed. I now have a 2" opening from my belly button down, and 4 other 1" openings in other places where they stuck in lights and other instruments. The surgery went well, but they put me on massive doses of antibiotics to deal with the infection, and pretty huge doses of morphine to deal with the pain. My surgeon was excellent and the staff treated me like a king with the huge exception of the food which I would not even feed a starving dog, it was terrible!

J$: Does it hurt you when I press...here?

Thanks again everybody for cheering me up. Now, where are my carving tools?...

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 06:50 am   Permalink

Hey Finik glad you got no more Stinky Gallstones. I went thru the same pain in the emergency room but they didn't find out what it was. I didn't have gallstones but they finally figured out my g-bladder was full of Sludge and then they took it out and I was fine.
The worst part is over so be a good boy and don't carve for at Least 5 hours. Really glad you are feeling better and on the mend.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 09:24 am   Permalink

Best wishes, but PLLEEESE drink alot of water. Any type of surgery especially abdominal is very damaging to your system, just the drugs alone can throw you off balance for a while, just do your best to flush yourself out with a bunch of water.
Water a must, everything else in moderation. Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 10:55 am   Permalink

I don't even know where my gall bladder is or what it does. I hope I never do. What is gall and why do I have a bladder full of it?

Hope yours is holding its gall normally again and for the rest of your life.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 12:12 pm   Permalink

Finky-
Glad you're on the mend.
Did ya bring the gallbladder home in a jar?
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 1:21 pm   Permalink

Oh, finkdaddy, what a scare -- I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Infections in the gut are no small matter, pretty scary stuff. Thank goodness you're on the back end of it all now, and I hope you continue to heal well, and heal quickly.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 7:13 pm   Permalink

Hey FD!

I'm so GLAD they were able to fix you all up!
I don't even know that kind of pain and I hope I never do - glad it's over for you.
Looking forward to seeing you at the next adventure, wherever that may be
alice b

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 8:43 pm   Permalink

Damn Fink, that's too bad. Glad to see your on the recovery track!

Hope you feel better!

Sit back, relax and enjoy this time of year with family and friends!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 11:59 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-12-10 14:51, JohnnyP wrote:

Send the gall stone to Tama or Paipo and ask them carve it.

----

(Er, nice idea JP; but I vote for Paipo doin it!)

Sorry to hear about the health woes FDaddy. Drink plenty of H2O!

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 5:04 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to give my sincere thank you to everyone for making me smile and feel loved (did I just say that? Percoset rules!). But seriously, Thank you.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-11 06:45, finkdaddy wrote:
J$: Does it hurt you when I press...here?

ow!!1

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 8:20 pm   Permalink

Man Mr. Daddy....glad yer okay......sometimes getting stoned hurts.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-14 05:37 am   Permalink

Ah yes....ye ole' gallbladder attack!!! Been there...done that, don't miss it at all. My attack came on fast, sick as a dog, had a full blockage, had to have IV anti-biotics for the infection, stayed in the hospital over night, then they removed it the next day and I was home that night.

Gallbladder....who needs em!!!

Hope you are feeling better.

JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2006-12-14 05:38 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation