FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 5:43 pm   Permalink

Hey there! I searched and didn't find anything close to it, besides the aluminum tree thread. I wanted to share some vintage and retro holiday decor with you all, and I would like to see your collections. This can be for all holidays. This is just a small sample of what my wife and I have collected over the years:

Small vintage light ups and danceing Santa

Snow globes (can you spot santa on the rocket?) and modified plastic nativity scene

Christmas door sign

Handmade wall decor

Large light-up St. Nick.

More to come.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 3:02 pm   Permalink

I buy old (excuse me, I mean "vintage") Christmas tree ornaments when I can find them for cheap. I bought these just yesterday - i thought they looked atomic retro spaceagey:

I have a whole bunch around here somewhere, I'm gonna have to root around a bit more - this is all i can find for now.

I haven't actually had a Christmas tree in years - sometimes I just put them out in a glass bowl as a centrepiece.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-14 8:55 pm   Permalink

Just dragging this thread out & warming it up! Stay tuned! I have mucho to post on this one. Hope everyone else can pitch in too! Would love to see Halloween stuff too!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 3:47 pm   Permalink

Stay Tuned!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 4:03 pm   Permalink

Here's me with two of our trees. The silver tree is from the '60s and belonged to my husband's grandmother. I've gone a little nuts since we bought a house and now we're up to over a dozen trees, ranging in size from 6 feet to one foot. We start decorating Thanksgiving night and I'll definitely take pix.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 9:22 pm   Permalink

Awesome! I just returned from Vegas and started the cleanup before the set-up. I hope to be set up completely within two weeks. I'll post as soon as I'm done!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-04 9:32 pm   Permalink

Vintage Christmas is one of my other big vices.
I'll add here ASAP. I scored my Grandma's 6' painted wooden Santa she used to have on her front lawn, from the 50's or 60's. She also had all these wooden letters that spelled out 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' but I think they deteriorated into nothing unfortunately.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 5:51 pm   Permalink

BUMP!

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 10:15 am   Permalink

Want to buy Aluminum (PVC) Tree with light for $30 brand new?

http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg3.asp?G=462&P=78&Rec=2&Ntt=retro&N=35&Nao=0&R=12947

We got ours in the mail today and with a few minor adjustments to the pole, it's going to set up great! I was going to post about it when we found and ordered it, but I forgot we did that until it arrived today. But none the less, this is a great deal for someone like us who are on a budget, or someone who hasn't had the luck at getting an antique tree.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:20 pm   Permalink

this is a picture of my tree from last year
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/308780744_d45b21912e.jpg

I can't find a picture of my tiki tree. I set up a smaller tree in my bar area. This is a picture of what was under it last year: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/318114916_2652924d56.jpg

Every year we have our "holiday hukilau" and this is a over head shot of my tiki bar full of people
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/328232765_5d9ef09515.jpg

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 1:36 pm   Permalink

OMG - my grandparents had an original 50's aluminum tree AND the color light to go with it. I wish they still had it. It was such a cool looking thing!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 6:28 pm   Permalink

Just got the tiki bar decorated for our Holiday Hukilau that is next weekend.

More pictures of my house this holiday season here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157603392449012/

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Here we go!
My mica cardboard village on a vintage Mickey Mouse Club toy cart turned accent table.

I was born in 1963 & this is the only stocking I remember having. Purchased at Jordan Marsh, I believe.

A trio of light-up snowmen!

Must have a few carolers!

Kool blow-mold Santa & Reindeer.

Four sets of S&P's, a couple of Angels & a kool Bobble-head Santa!

Just a little plastic Holly Kissing Bell.

The Santa vignette. I couldn't find a hat to fit Ol' Santa Fink!

Color Wheel.

6' 8" Pom Pom Tree with revolving stand!!!!!!

OK! If I can do this, so can everyone else!
Come on people! Show us your Kitschmas!!!

irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-16 11:19 pm   Permalink

Mine isn't vintage, but it is kitsch.

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-17 3:46 pm   Permalink

You bet it's kitsch! I like it!!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation