FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Show your vintage Christmas and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Show your vintage Christmas and retro holiday decor
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-24 07:34 am   Permalink

"Would be interesting to see some of the actual stencils."

Here is our door this year.
Will take some photos of the actual stencils later.
Most of ours are not punched out so they are hard to see.

Our Flex comes with a 110 power outlet in the car soooo...
Use it.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-26 01:23 am   Permalink

Supernice pix Skip. I like your handiwork too!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-29 05:49 am   Permalink

Thanks nui 'umi 'umi.

Well it's over, now the long haul till spring.

One more collection.
Parcel post Mailing labels...

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-29 08:39 am   Permalink

Great graphics on the label's Skip! Thanks! 40's era?

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-12-29 11:03 am   Permalink

Here's a tiny glimpse into our Christmas world before we break it all down.

Putz houses, some we've made ourselves over the past few years and the others along with the villagers are vintage:

The snowman and santa village is also a mix of old and new.
The wreaths my wife made out of vintage bulbs and ornaments. She's also made them for friends in the past.
The Santa head is real big and made of foam.
The elves feet hold our stockings.
The blow mold cookie jar was a top want for my wife. We'd come across them every year but always for crazy money. Finally got her one at a flea market for the right price last year.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We've probably got over 20 blow molds outside and tons of other stuff all over the house. We take Christmas seriously around here.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-29 12:52 pm   Permalink

Great collection Mike!!
Show the Blow molds.
Love the handmade Christmas stuff, I make pipe cleaner Xmas people.

Quote:

On 2016-12-29 08:39, Or Got Rum? wrote:
Great graphics on the label's Skip! Thanks! 40's era?

I think the last one may be that old, but most I would guess more like 50s.
Who knew there were so many of these made.

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-29 1:51 pm   Permalink

They are very cool. I have collected (and been to tons of markets) boatloads of different "things" over the years, but do not recall the tags...something new to look for when I can get around.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-29 7:39 pm   Permalink

"but do not recall the tags...something new to look for when I can get around."

I must admit to not posting about them till now in fear that I may light a fire into some people and not be able to find then as much.
This is what happened when I posted about baskets for light making.

But I have enough so do not need more, it is the hunt that is fun.

In making Christmas dιcor just think years after you are gone an Xmas item may be put out year after year making your creation a part of who knows how many Christmases.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-30 08:28 am   Permalink

"I must admit to not posting about them till now in fear that I may light a fire into some people and not be able to find then as much.."

Don't worry Skip, I will only clear out the WI,IL,MI, MN areas. Actually, my thing is vintage Bubble light sets/boxes.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-30 10:16 am   Permalink

"Don't worry Skip, I will only clear out the WI,IL,MI, MN areas. Actually, my thing is vintage Bubble light sets/boxes."

Good thing nobody in Ohio comes to TC as they are all on that "other" site, Ha!
"my thing is vintage Bubble light sets/boxes."

I would say my thing is vintage, vintage anything.
But the graphics on the old Christmas and even Halloween is so cool.
Man I just love vintage Holiday stuff.

Used to be able to buy some really old and cool stuff and decorate my restaurant with it.
I took great care to make the place look old, 40s/50s even got a phone from the 50s that had the old ring.
Well once I sold the place the guy got a new phone, Halloween dιcor was new blood and gore stuff, in a restaurant!

But then after I left the phone barely rings for carry outs any more so it may not matter, my phone rang all day as we did 80 to 100 carry outs per day.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-30 10:55 am   Permalink

Love the pictures of all the vintage christmas stuff. Here's one last picture before I put everything away tomorrow.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-30 11:34 am   Permalink

Such fun stuff! Really love those tags.

My family used to have a Santa like yours in the center of your photo, Hiltiki. I remember having to repair his beard one year. Unfortunately he didn't make it to me. But at least I got the crazy potted Santa & Elf head plants (posted a few pages back.) And the Popsicle stick star ornament I made in kindergarten.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-31 12:27 am   Permalink

Mahalo to all who posted here. I really enjoyed the pix and banter . I’m a sucker for anything even hinting at nostalgia.
Cheersc all

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-31 09:47 am   Permalink

"I would say my thing is vintage, vintage anything..."
Me also Skip, I was just yappin about Xmas stuff. Funny thing about the phone, I had one on my home bar in the basement, my 14 year old daughter (at the time) needed to call her friend. I told her "use that phone", she had no idea what to do. Who would have thought, as it was so "normal" to use to use a rotary to us.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-01 10:40 am   Permalink

We had one of those Santas, ours used to play a song when you pushed the belly button under his coat.

Hey hiltiki you may want to check these out for your Christmas cards next year they are called Show offs from the 60s?
You can find them on ebay or you can even make your own by gluing Christmas stickers or cupcake toppers any small cool Xmas thing to some clothespins.
The clothespins come in smaller sizes that work well for this.

There are 37 Show offs Christmas eBay listings at this time from about $8.00 and up.
The Poinsettia ones are the coolest.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE1965-CHRISTMAS-MERRY-CHRISTMAS-POINSETTIA-CARD-SHOW-OFFS-SEALED-PACKAGE-/331475544455?hash=item4d2d7b6987:g:X6gAAOSwNSxU2Vlo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Show-Offs-Decorative-Christmas-Card-Hanger-1965-GREEN-/302167539984?hash=item465a96c110:g:beEAAOSw44BYH6mU

We have a barn wood wall that I made pushpins into Christmas adorned string holders even.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2017-01-01 10:48 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation