FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Show your vintage Christmas and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Show your vintage Christmas and retro holiday decor
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-04 10:48 am   Permalink

What a great idea for hanging cards, thank you skip. Now I need some vintage cards so I can cut out figures and things to glue to the clothes pins.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-12 11:09 pm   Permalink

My wife found the beat up snowman at a yard sale some time ago. Bout 5 foot tall
The Santa head was rescued from a trash can. He has slight damage under his nose. We patched him up an added the lights inside. unlike the blowmolds-he is made of a thin translucent plastic. About 24”x18” Very fragile. My grandkids call him the Coca-Cola Santa.
We bought the standing Santa at an antique shop in Ventura last week. He is in excellent condition.36” tall

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-15 10:14 am   Permalink

Ok you axed for it.

I like old plastic Christmas do dads.
Many times I find them for a buck.

These are cake toppers, I like to buy these all massed up as they cost less and then fix them up.
You can put these in drinks as a fruit pick, or use them in warping gifts.
Many uses for these....

before..

after..

Not going to open this one as the package is cool...

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2017-12-15 10:40 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-15 10:34 am   Permalink

Love this thread!!

Here are some more Christmas mailing labels.
I had a repo label done with my Tikiskip logo put on it.
Then I had them wrapped in an old Denison packaging logo, hint there is only one of these packages made.

Even had Tikiskip fragile labels made.
I use these when I send a light to people, plus give them out when I meet people in person,
not available in stores.
Just think one day some goofy label collector may be looking for these in the future, Ha!

The others are real old Christmas mailing labels.

Christmas matches, the match box is round and has a pom pom on top like a santa hat....

________________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸SNOWMEN SCORE!!!¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2017-12-15 10:41 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-15 3:08 pm   Permalink

Those Santa matches are the business!!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-16 04:02 am   Permalink

Here are a few Santa match sales….

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-VINTAGE-SANTA-MATCHES-ROUND-MATCH-BOXES-IN-ORIGINAL-BOX-SET-OF-4/401433899343?hash=item5d7753314f:g:0usAAOSwvD5Z-OhG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Santa-Stick-Match-Tubes-With-Matches-Group-Of-2-Tubes/142621195606?hash=item2134e2bd56:g:9qsAAOSwBRFaLZ8m

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cardboard-Box-of-Santa-Matches-11-1-2-Long-Capri-1966-Japan/112646377746?hash=item1a3a3f5112:g:5e4AAOSwHERZzQ9B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CAPRI-SANTA-CLAUS-MATCH-BOX-1967-STICK-MATCH-WITH-SOME-MATCHES/332486541828?hash=item4d69be0204:g:NzIAAOSwRbtaMbEh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Vintage-Match-Box-Holder-SANTA-CLAUS-TUBE-Wooden-Matches-Capri-JAPAN-Christmas/302564609423?hash=item4672418d8f:g:hmgAAOSwzRlaMeNz

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1960s-SANTA-CHRISTMAS-MATCH-BOX-W-BOX-HOLDER-TUBE-WITH-WOODEN-MATCHES/132383309050?hash=item1ed2a8fcfa:g:q4AAAOSwHYpZ-dgW

____________________________________________________________________________________________
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,:*MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TIKISKIP!!*:º¤ø,¸¸ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-16 04:59 am   Permalink

Hey Skip, love those plastic do dads. My sister finds tons of those and they are great. She has wrapped many of the gifts she has given me with vintage wrapping paper over the years and I always look forward to that. I can’t put my finger on the reason why but vintage Christmas stuff always gets me into the spirit of the season way more than the modern junk. Keep the pics coming and MERRY CHRISTMAS

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-17 12:34 pm   Permalink

I'm the same way Trav.
Take pictures of the gifts your sister wraps for you and save them it's so easy to do now a days.
Dam we used to have to take the film to the store wait a week to see pic's, I laugh when people say it's too hard to post on TC.

I can remember my sister getting a new coat for Christmas and the box was so cool, she tossed the box aside so I got to keep it, even saved scraps of different wrapping papers
That was about 1972 I still have that box.
So I guess I was born a hoarder.

Here is the coolest Santa I saw at a antique show it is a Holt Howard and was about three foot tall and lit up, would have bought it if not for the $400.00 dollar price tag.

I give you "hands up don't shoot Santa"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,:*MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TIKISKIP!!*:º¤ø,¸¸ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-17 2:41 pm   Permalink

Luv dem Santas Skip! Keep em coming.
Merry Christmas

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-18 5:41 pm   Permalink

Some more vintage stuff.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-18 7:17 pm   Permalink

Very cool.
I like those flocked candle thingys.

Always get a laugh out of "sorry your kitty died Santa"

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-31 07:37 am   Permalink

A bit late but I thought I would share this. I found this traditional Polish Christmas scene. Pottery figures mounted on a 16” board. A fun mix of traditional Christian and pagan goodness. The tallest figure is about 5 1/2”. I’m not Polish but it has a new home in my house for next Christmas.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-31 7:52 pm   Permalink

Nice find uncle T. Izzat Father time or Death lurking behind The King? This scene needs some researching.I’ll pass on anything I learn
Cheers

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-01 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-12-31 19:52, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Nice find uncle T. Izzat Father time or Death lurking behind The King? This scene needs some researching.I’ll pass on anything I learn
Cheers

Yep. It’s the jolly old grim reaper. All part of the pagan traditions that still hang on as is the goat head on a stick and other elements. The child holding the Christmas star on a stick used to be a sun in honor of the winter solstice before being taken over by a higher authority. I like the old world traditions.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation