FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-06 07:27 am   Permalink

Uncle Trav do you have a twin brother I can marry?

*sigh*

You and 8Ft have kitschmas covered!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-06 08:33 am   Permalink

That's awesome, Trav. I think I'd try to touch up the silver, carefully. I've only got my tree up, so far. I'll try to get the rest up, tonight & take some pics.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 8:13 pm   Permalink

Not decor so much but some swell vintage paper stuff I finally got scanned...

Disposable Santa coaster. Such a great graphic. Found a pack of them at a junk shop a few years back and used them for Christmas cards.

Santa the sportsman paper. (I've had this over half a decade and still haven't figured out a good use for it.)

Ski dog card, made in England. Marked: Designed by Anthony Browne Gordon Fraser, Bedford

Three kings card, made in England. The card bends where the beard trails off. Marked: GALLERY FIVE Wise Men by Jan Pienkowski

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 11:27 pm   Permalink

Love that coaster.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 8:23 pm   Permalink

OK! Here's what it looks like this year.:

C'mon folks! Let's see what you've got.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

Nice decor BK!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 07:59 am   Permalink

Awesome display BK. That color wheel is the best. I'd like to see more of that room also.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 09:32 am   Permalink

Great decor and collectibles. Did you steal my "what i collect list"?

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-20 12:12 pm   Permalink

Maybe you should show us what you collect....hmmmm?

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-23 11:13 pm   Permalink

One last bump!

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 04:40 am   Permalink

Well this is as retro as we got this year. Everyone I know hates our white tree and that's why we love it and a Christmas card pic from our photo shoot that didn't make the cut but was my favorite of the lot. Mrs. uncle trav picked another photo for the card. Merry Christmas.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-12-24 04:42 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 11:45 pm   Permalink

Here is my girlfriend's childhood tree that we put up in the new house for our first Christmas.

It's a Holi-Gay tree that her mother bought in 1960. Her mom told me it caused the first fight in her marriage. He was very upset she spent $25 on a tree when she only made around 220 to 250 a month.

I am glad she bought it and we can enjoy it. I hope to find a color wheel to pair up with it next time we put it up. All but three of the ornaments are from the tree I grew up with by way of the tree that my mother grew up with, so it's great to mesh the families like this.

The train is my sisters that my dad bought for her when she was a kid. It's an LGB Circus train and even plays a few tunes. My friends 4-year old daughter absolutely loved it.

[ This Message was edited by: Cool Manchu 2009-12-26 23:49 ]

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-27 09:44 am   Permalink

Nice tree & a great story. Merry Christmas!

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 07:08 am   Permalink

Here is my vintage pom tree. About half are vintage ornaments. Yes all of the packages are color coordinated.

I'm loving all the vintage displays.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 3:24 pm   Permalink

That is a killer tree. Where were you at Christmas time? Is it still set up? Mine is?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation