FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-20 07:59, uncle trav wrote:
I'd like to see more of that room also.

Yeah, c'mon Rick, show us your room!!!! In fact, show everyone your bathroom too!! Pin Ups, Hot Rods, Tiki and Custom Cars.....doesn't get any better!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-28 06:42 am   Permalink

Tis the season folks. Any new additions?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 11:16 am   Permalink

Back in the early 70's my dad and our neighbor gradually escalated an undeclared Christmas decoration war. Each vied to see how many lights they could hang from their houses. I think my dad actually had to jumper around the fuse box to add extra electrical circuits.

Then one year my dad bought a plastic, lighted Frosty the Snow Man. The neighbor responded in force with a light-up Santa and THREE reindeer, which went up on the roof. I don't think we ever took the lead again. Eventually Santa was retired to their attic, where he slumbered for decades. The neighbors recently sold their house, and nostalga led me to ask if they would consider selling the set. They graciously gave it to me. I expected to have to do a lot of work on a 30+ year old set, but a good bath and a little wiring repair put Santa back in business.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoamer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-29 6:48 pm   Permalink

Whoa, cool!!!

View Profile of seafoamer Send a personal message to seafoamer  Email seafoamer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 7:29 pm   Permalink

Great story & great set!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 05:27 am   Permalink

Ho, Ho, Ho! BUMP

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 06:52 am   Permalink

this is usn's for this year -

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-14 09:16 am   Permalink

A bit earlier in this string I posted photos of the 40 year old Santa and reindeer, relics of a long-past decoration war between my father and our neighbor. It turns out my sister still had the first salvo in that war - a light-up Frosty The Snow Man, tucked back in the attic. Now, at long last, the two adversaries are now compatriots.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-14 6:22 pm   Permalink

Love it!!!!

dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-15 6:44 pm   Permalink

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

As for the fake fireplace...we live in Florida, sunny and 65 degrees today...we do what we can

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 11:41 am   Permalink

Santa's lost his ribbon bow tie, but these have been my favorite Christmas decorations for pretty much my entire life. I remember having to insist to my family more than one year that they were NOT going to be thrown out or left hidden away in a box. I'm very happy that they've now come to live with me!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-27 03:13 am   Permalink

Found this Pom Pom tree at a yard sale this summer in it's original box.. The box was pretty chewed up but I managed to save a piece of it with its original sticker purchased from Woolworths on Broadway, Newburgh NY..

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2011-08-06 16:33 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 7:01 pm   Permalink

That's a great tree!

tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-06 4:39 pm   Permalink

Every summer when yard sale season starts and I find the occasional vintage ornament or piece, I stick them in a box and the box sits in the corner of the dinning room until Christmas time and that box is pretty damn full right now.

Well on top of what we've already picked up this spring & summer, today I found these.. Not a bad haul for a day..

And yard sale season isn't over yet! Merry Christmas in August!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-06 4:53 pm   Permalink

Nice score!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation