FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Show your vintage and retro holiday decor
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-05 7:37 pm   Permalink

BUMP

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 7:38 pm   Permalink

Well here ya go. This was a gift from my sister this year. She found the deer a few years back in Florida and couldn't bring herself to get rid of them. She had them stuck with another sleigh. Now my brother-n-law found the sleigh at a job here in Michigan a couple of months ago. A little on line research showed that the two came together as a set originally. A little beat up but that makes it all the better in my book. Altogether about two feet long and Santa lights up.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-16 06:44 am   Permalink

Atta boy, Trav. I was beginning to think this thread was dead. I have that same piece. I first saw it in the book "Kitschmasland" by Travis Smith & was able to snag one on e-bay. I gotta tell ya, though, I haven't found anything new this year. The pickins are really slim. I'm going out, again today, for another search. I'll be sure to post if I find anything.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-22 05:57 am   Permalink

Any new old stuff out there ??????

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-24 04:14 am   Permalink

Well I can't leave well enough alone on this thread. This large vintage beauty was found and saved by my brother-n-law at a garage sale for a quarter. Built by the seller's family member in the late fifties as the story goes. Large, over the top, tacky and it even lights up. A true holiday classic!

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-24 08:03 am   Permalink

That's horribly gaudy and I love it; the price was right too! Have a very Merry Christmas Uncle Trav

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-24 10:31 am   Permalink

Thanks 8FT Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-25 01:34 am   Permalink

Found this 8” Santa at a yard sale years ago. The original box was in sad condition but as you can see Santa is in pristine shape. He is battery operated although he has an open in his circuit which I'll fix when I get a round tuit.The previous owner got it as a kid in the early sixties and he hung on to it til I came along..

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-25 08:47 am   Permalink

Great pictures! Maybe blowmold Christmas decorations will be manufactured again. They seem quite popular on the over the top homes they show decorated for Christmas on TV.
Merry Christmas everyone!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-26 03:14 am   Permalink

Blow mold decorations are alive and well. Many are made from the vintage molds here in America. Even a big Santa's sleigh complete with eight reindeer. Maybe it's just a Michigan thing as they hold up well year after year in the snow.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-26 2:44 pm   Permalink

Uncle T, I luv em but most of the ones I see for sale here are very faded and brittle from our bright California sun ( in the 80’s this Christmas).
I have my eye on a pristine six ft, Santa that a local restaurant put’s up every year indoors). He is illuminated and looks like he was modeled after the 50’a-60’s Coca- Cola Santa ads. Might have to get in line though.
Cheers to you.

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-12-26 14:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-01-03 21:19 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-26 6:20 pm   Permalink

Great thread!
I like the old Christmas gift tags.
Like these.
Got some juke box song tags as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›•:**:•‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›‹(•¿•)›
____________________________________________________________________________________________
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,:*MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TIKISKIP!!*:º¤ø,¸¸ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-26 6:30 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, Skip! Trav, that piece is amazing! I love it! I scored absolutely nothing new, this year, but I'm going out, again, this weekend. Maybe I'll find something discounted!

tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-27 09:03 am   Permalink

You're right, Uncle Trav, you can still buy new blow mold Christmas decorations.
There are quite a few online sources and several of them are having half-off sales.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 9:33 pm   Permalink

Picked up two “nutcracker’s and the penguin in the mid-seventie’s.
The colors look pretty good when the pieces are illuminated but are barely perceptible during the day. The surfaces are not as smooth as the older 60’s blowmold product’s. Tried to toss em a couple of times but the wife won’t have it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation