FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Get-together at Hula's in Santa Cruz - Sat, 12/23
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Get-together at Hula's in Santa Cruz - Sat, 12/23
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 9:03 pm   Permalink

Let's get together to celebrate the embarassment of tiki riches we have in Nor Cal, at the newest jewel in the crown: Hula's in Santa Cruz. It's in a great location -- folks from Monterey to San Jose to Palo Alto can make it there pretty easily, and it's well worth the trip for folks from points beyond throughout the Bay Area. Hanford & I checked it out last night, and we loved it (I posted a trip report in the Locating Tiki thread for Hula's).

Here's the address:
221 Cathcart St.
Santa Cruz, CA

And here's a tantalizing preview:

More photos here:
http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/hulassc/

Who would be able to make it for dinner & drinks on Friday, 12/22? Or Saturday, 12/23? (That's a week from now).

If you can't make it on one of those days, but you wish you could, go ahead & offer up another date that will work for you (the variations in everyone's schedules, combined with the holidays, might mean we can't find a date that will work for everyone, but we can try).

[Edited to include Saturday as a possible date]

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-12-15 21:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-12-21 01:45 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 9:16 pm   Permalink

is the 23rd out of the question? it would work better for cleen and i. i have to work friday. if not, what time are you guys thinking of meeting up? i might be able to take a half day off.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 9:19 pm   Permalink

I am dying to try out Hula's. However, that day would not be good for me. I would prefer the 29th or 30th. Too much to do and too much traffic the Friday before Christmas.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 9:23 pm   Permalink

Saturday would work for us, but I think it wouldn't work for Tofu Joe & Haole'akamai (she works that night, I believe), and Unga might be working (not sure, but he's had to miss out on Saturday stuff in the past, it would suck for him to miss a rare event in his own backyard). Traffic would definitely be better on Saturday, though, with no rush hour to contend with, and it might allow some folks to drive up from So Cal (which would be awesome).

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 9:27 pm   Permalink

I am in for whenevs and might be able to host a little get together before hand depending on date we settle on.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 10:58 pm   Permalink

Mrs.Mojo & Dr.TikiMojo would be able to do it on Saturday the 23rd.....it's literally the last remaining day on our calender that isn't already penciled in!

Any new Tiki Bar/Restaurant in about 2 hour drive or less sounds pretty exciting to us!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:49 am   Permalink

I def. can't make it on Sat, but TofuJoe is a possible. It would be sad to know y'all were there without me, tho...

Wallowing in my abandonment issues,
~T

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 1:38 pm   Permalink

The 22nd or 23rd would potentially work best for us.

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2006-12-16 13:42 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 1:22 pm   Permalink

Just heard back from Monsieur Bunga, and he can make it Friday, but not on Saturday.

Drunken Hat, I never answered your question about what time -- I think aiming a bit later in the evening, to avoid traffic, would be best. If it was later, would you be able to make it Friday night? Right along Hwy 17, there's a massive
Christmas light display (in Los Gatos). Perhaps those of us who are able to meet up a bit earlier can hit the lights first, and then head over a bit later to meet up at Hula's? Now, where's my thermos...

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-12-18 10:41 am   Permalink

23rd could workd for us, but not 22nd. crappy!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 6:54 pm   Permalink

well i'm out for sure! can't take any part of friday off. (isn't it nice to be needed) saturday is out for us as well just because of traffic. cleen may still make it on friday if it happens on that day.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 08:16 am   Permalink

Wish I could make it too, but already have our Holiday Open House for the neighborhood planned on Saturday. Friday eve will be time to clean the house and prep the food!

Darn! I will definitely watch for another time! Have fun!!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jazzman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-19 10:13 am   Permalink

There's a good chance we'll be in Santa Cruz on the 23rd, for sure we'll arrive the next day. But if it's the 23rd we'll try to make it down. My mother was just telling me about this place. When I was a kid it was a chinese restaurant that we used to go to.
-Sam

View Profile of jazzman Send a personal message to jazzman  Email jazzman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 8:56 pm   Permalink

Well it looks like we can't make either of these days.

Have a great time on whichever day you settle on, and we'll be sure to meet up with folks down there some other time (it will become a regular trip yes?)

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 4:54 pm   Permalink

Sorry we haven't been able to nail this down just yet -- I'm now getting conflicting reports about Unga Bunga's availability. Last I heard, he may be able to make it Saturday after all, and it looks now like Saturday will be a better day for turnout in general. Sorry to keep everyone hanging -- hopefully I'll hear back from Unga myself soon!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation