[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My new Tiki tattoo - by Hoffa
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My new Tiki tattoo - by Hoffa
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 8:58 pm   Permalink

Ok, I should've posted this by now but I'm a pretty busy lady. The artist is Hoffa, the inspiration and homage is to Eli Hedley - responsible for carving the amazing Moai outside the Aku Aku in Las Vegas as well as the interior. And of course, the Original Beachcomber. I know this is my own, but still, one of the most amazing tatt's I've ever seen!!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 05:04 am   Permalink

Very nice. Can't beat the moai tats.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 05:30 am   Permalink

Now that's a heck of a tattoo. Great colors and well done. How long did that take?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 06:22 am   Permalink

Hoffa is the man. Period.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 06:28 am   Permalink

I don't like it, take it off. Just kidding, its nicely done. Just look at those spear tips, looks perfect. Subject matter awesome, placement great and the fade in and out perfect blend. Colors nice and bright too.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 06:47 am   Permalink

Yep - Hoffa is the man. This took almost 11 hours. 2 sessions and just before Hukilau 2006. I'm mighty proud of it. I have at least one person daily that comes up to me and comments on it - and also questions if it's real!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 07:07 am   Permalink

Hoffa does indeed have chops. He's a cool kat to boot.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 07:41 am   Permalink

Dig that tattoo kiliki. Very nice.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 09:29 am   Permalink

very nice, I like it

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 3:22 pm   Permalink

sweeetikitattoo

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 8:43 pm   Permalink

WOW, Super color and design. Hoffa Rocks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckonuke

Posted: 2006-12-22 10:02 am   Permalink

That's a big one!
Sea

View Profile of stuckonuke Send a personal message to stuckonuke  Email stuckonuke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-04 12:08 am   Permalink

The artwork is incredible....I agree that the fade in and out and colors are wondeful. You look maaaawvulus!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 05:31 am   Permalink

I love it too!! I was in Home Depot just after I got it and I noticed a couple had stopped after check out and was staring at me and sort of waiting for something. I finished checking out myself and began to leave when they stopped me - they were on the phone talking to someone telling them about this tattoo - and they wanted to know if it was real. After informing them of how many hours of pain I went through I assured them it was real. As I was leaving I could hear them talking to this unknown person on the phone saying "Yes, it's real!!"

See Hoffa, you're a genius! hee hee

The Hukilau

Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 7:08 pm   Permalink

Now that is a wonderfully amazing tattoo! How do you get in touch with the artist?

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation