FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 8:26 pm   Permalink

So ya know Eskimos have like 40 names just for snow.....did Polynesians have any?
We spent all day digging out from 3 feet of frozen bliss. The whole city is shut down and I've been off for two days with pay. We had a ball rolling through the drifts after shoveling all day.
But I swear my oldest tiki is not happy. Him and a trio of plastic Santas are all sitting half buried in my front yard. The Santas are just as jolly as ever. But the tiki keeps muttering under his breath and throwing me dirty snide wooden looks.
I'm not too worried about him though....its the pink flamingos....they haven't been seen for days and it might be search and rescue time. Just how long can they breathe under five foot snowbanks?

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Loving Kwanzaa, Happy New Year....let it snow let it snow let its snow!
Mr. Dale

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 10:48 pm   Permalink

do you realize the street value of your front yard?!?!?!

That's a lot of white powder!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-12-21 22:49 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 11:39 pm   Permalink

Thank you Mr. Dale for taking that off our hands this year... we'll have a green Christmas in Wisconsin.

40 degrees and rain... and they're talking thunderstorms Friday...

First day of winter... ha!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 12:18 am   Permalink

My husband is stuck in that mess, been at the Denver airport for two days. Hopefully he'll make it home for Christmas

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 02:06 am   Permalink

It's feast or famine, I guess. We haven't had more than a dusting so far. Looks like a brown Christmas. Atomicchick, I hope yer hubby can get home to you ASAP.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 06:27 am   Permalink

Plastic pink flamingos are the reason there are hurricanes and floods and volcanos and blizzards.
Pele don't like dem tings.

Good sledding!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 06:36 am   Permalink

What is that stuff??? Oh well, happy holidays from San DIego.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 07:22 am   Permalink

Well it is 40's and raining here in San Fernando Valley. happy Holidays to you and your family.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 07:44 am   Permalink

And a blanket of fog covers most of the UK. At least it makes it Dickensian!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 08:35 am   Permalink

72 and rainy, and it's supposed to stay like this through x-mas day. I've been down here about 10 years now and still haven't gotten used to this time of year with out snow. It just doesn't seem like x-mas. Maype the Pink flamingos will go into a state of suspended animation or what ever the fake plastic animal version of that would be.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 3:51 pm   Permalink

Hey ya all.....we got out and about today. Spent all day running a back-hoe digging all the white glory. Someday we will be looking at palm trees in a different front yard....just for a happy change. Love Colorado....just wish it had a beach too!
Hey Atomic chick.....let me know if your husband is still here and if we can help him out. Okie doke?
Luv all yer guts....Mr. Dale

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 4:21 pm   Permalink

I am from upstate New York, a land of sometime ice and snow, where we dream of warmer climes. Funny thing is we've had virtually no snow this winter to date. Sales of natural gas for heating are down 40% from the same time last year ( I know this because I work for the gas company ). Of course around here we say if you don't like the weather give it a few minutes and it'll change. We'll probably be knee deep in the white stuff come St. Patrick's day. Had a brown and muddy Christmas. Happy New Years to all!

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 12:11 pm   Permalink

We had an unseasonably warm winter up until the middle to end of January. The Great Lakes were warmer than normal. When the cold finally came those winds crossing the lakes warm water turned into a monster snow making machine. We got about 4 to 5 feet of the white stuff. North of me, in Oswego and on the Tug Hill Plateau they got 10 to 12 feet of snow. There are people now who leave their house through the 2nd story window. I live about 45 minutes south of Oswego.

I wish I had thought to clean off part of my windshield for the picture so you could have seen my dashboard Leilani hula wiggler peeking out through the snow. Now that would have been a good pic.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 1:38 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow...that is a lot of snow. I am too low for snow, but just a couple of hours away from Tahoe and it is covered in snow...I can see it when I drive home from work, it looks beautiful. Cool that ya got to stay home with a couple of days of pay. That has gotta be an expensive action for employers. Hope you still have power there. I can imagine that the tiki is not too happy covered in a coat of snow.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 09:23 am   Permalink

This is why I live in Florida....
Keep warm!
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation