FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-19 09:23, kikekeki wrote:
This is why I live in Florida....
Keep warm!
K.

This is why I don't...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 2:01 pm   Permalink

wind shmind...

edited to add a laugh...

[ This Message was edited by: kikekeki 2007-02-19 14:05 ]

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-08 04:40 am   Permalink

Here in central New York we have snow for the third day in a row. It's colder today on Easter than it was on Christmas and we have more snow on the ground for Easter than we did for Christmas. We're still hangin' out waitin' for Spring.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-08 05:38 am   Permalink

Same thing up here in Michigan. No egg hunt today unless you want to dig in the snow.This is why my basement lounge comes in handy. Can't see outside. Crank the heat, Throw on some exotica and have another cocktail.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 1:31 pm   Permalink

IT'S A BLIZZARD BABY!! Two thirds of the whole damn state is in some kind of a warning, watch advisory or other weather type of lookout. Fifty mile an hour winds. And lets not forget the lake effect snow. Wind chills around zero and sideways snow. And I just got called back to work so I'll have to drive in it tomorrow morning. At least I can buy some groceries now. The Hukilau Lounge in the basement is calling me. Stay warm my friends and we'll have snow for Christmas for sure.

Kalamazoo is the red blob.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 2:08 pm   Permalink

It's not bad in downtown Grand Rapids. Unfortunately my snowblower died this morning. I've tried pouring Mai Tais in the tank, but apparently, that only works on me!

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 2:24 pm   Permalink

Oh, I know just how you guys feel. It's sunny here today, but we only got up to a high of a frigid 56 degrees, and after maybe three upcoming days of light rain we're only expected to be around 65 degrees and sunny next week. So I totally feel your pain.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 2:58 pm   Permalink

23 in the Seattle area but REALLY sunny. Pretty good for a town that gets no weather! If you stand in the sun long enough your fingers eventually thaw out!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 8:59 pm   Permalink

i'd almost like the snow, we're on our third day of 16-18 deg. thats cold for us. poor palms and tropicals dont look good!!! think the pineapple is toast.

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 01:39 am   Permalink

global warming...

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 1:42 pm   Permalink

2 degrees above Zero here this morning but we got really lucky because the heavy storm veered North and hit Iowa hard. I don't think there are any tikis in Iowa though so everyone go back to whatever you were doing.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 1:54 pm   Permalink

14.5 inches in 16 hours yesterday and 0 (-25 WC) this morning...but hey, I am just below "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field". This is why I love TC.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 07:43 am   Permalink

Metro Chicago is not tropical, single digits overnight, about 8 inches of snow-ice on the ground. As the Tradewinds (?) might have sang,

"My Jeep's in the garage, so it ain't covered with snow...."

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-22 3:05 pm   Permalink

Having some fun now !!! Had an ice storm last night and now a new weather advisory for lake effect snow tomorrow. I live in Michigan and own a Jeep.....let it snow !

aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-22 4:08 pm   Permalink

I'd be happier if the snow waited until my power was restored! Can't run my blender!

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation