FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
ThreeTikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-22 7:23 pm   Permalink

Some people make the best of things (not my photo):
http://imgur.com/mbXusGh

View Profile of ThreeTikis Send a personal message to ThreeTikis  Email ThreeTikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-23 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-22 16:08, aloha.taboo wrote:
I'd be happier if the snow waited until my power was restored! Can't run my blender!

No problem - I think you need one of these:

I actually do have one, and it's pretty nifty.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 03:43 am   Permalink

This is a screenshot of the weather report this morning. SUPER !!! And I get to work on a roof with over a foot of snow this morning. Note the little igloo icon in the upper right hand corner. The windchill is expected to fall to fifteen below once the wind starts up today.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-03 06:39 am   Permalink

That's cold! I see that next Sunday night in Iowa, where my brother lives, their temps will drop down to -21 and that's *before* wind chill. He also works outdoors, during the winter, it sucks to be him! I really have no right, ever, to complain when it drops down to the low 30's here in northeast Florida. Good rum helps keep me warm! I know that I really don't ever have any right to complain about what we call "cold weather" here where I live.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-03 08:30 am   Permalink

If your power does go out...

This is a real product.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-03 11:59 am   Permalink

tikilongbeach, that's awesome! With the pedal blender, hilarity would definitely ensue at any party!

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 2:02 pm   Permalink

This was my uniform of the day. Sheep skin cap was the only way to ward off the marauding wind and cold on the roof today

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 2:34 pm   Permalink

Will this Sunday's (Jan 5, 2013) playoff game with the San Francisco 49ers playing at Green Bay Packer's Lambeau Field be the coldest NFL game ever?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

Cold, foggy, n wet here this morning.
Was around 45when I left the house.
Got up to around 60, but stayed foggy all day.
Thought about keeping my hoodie sweatshirt on
While cleaning pools. But I took it off and toughed it out.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-04 10:02 am   Permalink

had to dig up my leather jacket yesterday, was in the 40's.

today its gotten 20 degrees warmer!

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-04 3:17 pm   Permalink

Yep, it's going to be cold in Wisconsin too...

Not to mention we've got 2 feet of snow on the ground.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2014-01-04 15:17 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-04 3:42 pm   Permalink

It's 20 here and Boulder got over 9" of snow so far today. This sounds like a job for Hot Buttered Rum!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-04 11:23 pm   Permalink

North of Sacramento we are suffering in 60's with some possible showers in the outlook. All in all, it has been sunny and cool over the holidays...no complaints here!!! My sympathies to the East Coast.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-05 09:13 am   Permalink

When given lemons, I say make lemonade! ...and use it in some cocktails of course.

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-20 05:05 am   Permalink

The official snow fall amount for Kzoo so far is 95". That's just an inch shy of eight feet folks!!! I snowblow, shovel and salt the sidewalks and patio. The big fun is using the roof rake. This is a twenty five foot pole with an aluminum rake on the end to pull snow off of the roof. After that bit of fun I use a tin can attached to the pole to put salt on the ice dams the freeze to the edge of the roof which aren't good. Total time after a good dump of snow, four hours. Now today it's going to be forty six degrees with thunder storms on top of the snow and that means flooding. And to think I grew up in Florida! Stay safe everyone.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation