FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Good Golly....Whats all this white stuff?
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-17 1:53 pm   Permalink

No snow here in Michigan yet. Right now it's sunny and 66. I'm on the patio with a beer at the moment!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-11-18 4:50 pm   Permalink

It was 70 today!!

Global warming is good, and hey by the time it starts being bad we will all be dead.
AND those pesky mean kids will be hot.

40 degrees said to be temp tomorrow.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-11-19 9:04 pm   Permalink

As promised we had tepms around 38 degrees and even a white out snow storm coming home from the antique show.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-17 04:48 am   Permalink

Sixteen degrees in Kzoo this morning. Old Man Winter still has strong stranglehold on us. Just hanging on for the warmer weather. A Mai Tai on the patio seems a long way off.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-17 1:29 pm   Permalink

sounds like Hot Butterd Rum Time to me unca T
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-03 11:01 am   Permalink

Today's lookin much better in Michigan. Not great, but at least I can see my lawn.

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-05 4:42 pm   Permalink

Our puppy dog was lovin' the fresh snow this afternoon. After playin' and diggin' through the newly fallen snow we are getting in Minnesota, she's now snoring on the couch while my wife and I enjoy a Manhattan.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-06 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-02-17 04:48, uncle trav wrote:
Sixteen degrees in Kzoo this morning. Old Man Winter still has strong stranglehold on us. Just hanging on for the warmer weather. A Mai Tai on the patio seems a long way off.

I hate spring in Ohio.
Just when you think Ohio weather sucks, it sucks even more and out sucks the year before.
Ohio sucks!

AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-06 11:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-04-06 09:25, tikiskip wrote:
I hate spring in Ohio.
Just when you think Ohio weather sucks, it sucks even more and out sucks the year before.
Ohio sucks!

Mai Tai to the rescue!

(Edited to fix my bbcode above... Now Skip can see a graphic of a drink.)

[ This Message was edited by: AceExplorer 2018-04-06 11:38 ]

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-06 2:56 pm   Permalink

I need a graphic of warm weather and sun!

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-07 04:54 am   Permalink

I with ya Skip. Twenty one degrees and sunny here in Michigan this morning.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-07 06:21 am   Permalink

I tell ya I think those wind farms and the turbines that they have put up may be part of the reason.
If you watch the weather on TV it's all about jet streams and wind currents how can putting a thousand wind turbines up not have some effect on the weather?

We have snow, SNOW today, it's F-ing April 7th!

Texas has the most wind turbines in America and you know how f-ed up their weather has been.

California is second largest wind farms in America I think, How's your weather been Cali?

Lake Erie affects the weather here so why not turbines?
http://www.theweatherprediction.com/weatherpapers/004/index.html

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2018-04-07 07:09 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-04-07 06:41 am   Permalink

Hey here is a cool map showing wind currents right now.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-108.78,40.77,1192

Scott McGerik

Posted: 2018-04-07 6:57 pm   Permalink

It's plenty cold here in Minnesota for April but my puppy dog is loving the weather. The resident squirrels have been active of late so she has found plenty of action. Mayhaps we just need to take the attitude of a puppy dog by enjoying the day or squirrels as they come.

That said, it was easy for me to type the above platitudes while enjoying a Mai Tai.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo

Posted: 2018-04-07 11:02 pm   Permalink

We got about 4 inches of snow here yesterday, though most of it melted today. Still, Im looking forward to a quick CA trip this week. Pacific Ocean and Don the Beachcomber, here I come!

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation